worried about admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

audhopeful2013

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am applying to Audiology school for fall 2013. I originally started undegrad with a micro and molec bio degree and took junior level courses my freshman year and hated the field. As a result my cumulative gpa is a 2.95 but my csd gpa is a 3.7. I have been an audiologist assistant to an audiologist at my university as well as participated in undergraduate research. I also volunteered in a hospital for 6 years and shadowed both an optometrist and doctor before i got into audiology so I do have continued extracurricular involvement. I am applying to 6 schools and now I am worried that I will not get into a single one. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of safe schools I can apply to? The max amount of schools I am willing to apply to is ten schools total. Keeping in mind I have a pretty good personal statement, great letters of rec, and am a minority

here are a list of schools I am applying to
UNC
Gallaudet
UF
NOVA
James Madison
Vanderbilt (being my first choice but a very unlikely one)

I JUST WANT TO GET IN SOMEWHERE HELP
 
I'm with ya, I am applying too and it's incredibly nerve wreaking! I'd say you have a good shot at NOVA as a "safe" school. However, it seems there is never a safe school during this process. Different schools are looking for different qualities in applicants. Good luck!

I found this website to be helpful when applying to schools. It shows all stats from last year applicant pool. Average GRE and how many applied/got accepted.

http://www.asha.org/edfind/results.aspx?area=AUD&degree=CELD&location=ALL
 
I would have applied to a few more fall back schools... a good majority of those have very limited seating. Tennessee would have been a good choice imo.