Worried about Evaluations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TerrifiedX1000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been getting some comments like "great student" "self directed learner" and then " too shy""timid" "work on communication with patients." All of the negative and positive comments are from the same evaluations. Even on an eval that I got a 5/5 on every section of. Is this bad for residency? I honestly don't feel shy, but I come across that way and it is frustrating to know that I do. My grades in rotations are High Pass or Honors. I'm just getting a little nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been getting some comments like "great student" "self directed learner" and then " too shy""timid" "work on communication with patients." All of the negative and positive comments are from the same evaluations. Even on an eval that I got a 5/5 on every section of. Is this bad for residency? I honestly don't feel shy, but I come across that way and it is frustrating to know that I do. My grades in rotations are High Pass or Honors. I'm just getting a little nervous.

If your school works like other medical schools then your Dean's letter is going to include the best of your evals' good comments and, if it's favorible, your class rank. That's it. So really if you're honoring things you have no reason to worry about the bad comments other than as a consequence free guide to help youself be a better student.

If your school works like other medical schools then your Dean's letter is going to include the best of your evals' good comments and, if it's favorible, your class rank. That's it. So really if you're honoring things you have no reason to worry about the bad comments other than as a consequence free guide to help youself be a better student.
Not every school is like that, mine has a repbfor cherry-picking the bad ones. But, op, I wouldn't worry about the whole "too shy" thing--a lot of students get labeled this, but I think a lot of is just being intimidated by attendings and residents who are less than sociable