worried about financial aide

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by mswphysician, May 4, 2004.

1. mswphysician

mswphysician Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am an adult returning student with average credit and terrified i will not be able to go to med school due to inability to get a loan to cover expenses outside sub/unsub loans. any suggestions??? anyone have similar challenge? thanks

2. sophiejane

sophiejane Exhausted
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You will get all the money you need and then some. Lenders love, love, love to give money to medical students--we are a low risk investment--they know we'll be able (and likely) to pay it back.

I am "older" and had some little scars on my credit (mostly due to the evil ex, but that's another story)...but I got the full amount with no problem.

Unless you are currently in default on student loans or have a bankruptcy in your recent past, you will be FINE.

Jump in now while you can still get those great 3% rates! (Mine is actually 2.85%! Unbelievable...)

3. mswphysician

7+ Year Member

thanks for your input. i guess i can rest easy. i am just a worry wart. again, thanks robert

4. MDmiracle

MDmiracle Mmmmm Prozac!!!
    7+ Year Member

I think all of us tend to worry about these things, I know that this is also my biggest fear. I have three kids to think of. I think everything will work itself out in the end. Good Luck!

5. mswphysician

7+ Year Member

hey md- are you starting school soon? which school?

6. MDmiracle

MDmiracle Mmmmm Prozac!!!
    7+ Year Member

Starting orientation august 25th at AZCOM. I am getting really psyched and overly nervous, with the three little one money's a huge issue.