Worried about my chances of getting into a pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pebbles777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am currently in undergrad as a sophomore at CSULB. My gpa so far is a 3.63 and my science gpa is about a 3.4. I have done some volunteer work at a local pharmacy over the summer. This semester I am afraid I may encounter my first C ever in Orgo Chem II. I am in a pharmacy club as well.

Would this hurt me greatly when grad schools look at my transcripts?
Should I do look into lab research?
What advice can you give me?

I am really worried, and I know how the pharmacy job outlook isn't the greatest. Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

No, one C won't hurt you. Just do your best to keep your average up.

You don't need lab research to get into pharmacy school. Only do research if you're interested in it.

If you are worried about job prospects, one thing you could do is get a part-time job in a pharmacy so you can start making connections.

You can definitely get into your in-state school with a good PCAT. With the job market, the majority of it is saturated, but jobs are still out there. You will have to work for it. People on SDN will nail you to the ground with the doom and gloom. While most are true, not everyone is jobless. Most people in pharmacy school I've met has found a position this year after they graduate. But this is coming from a top program and (maybe) lucky circumstances.