Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fozzy40

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it seem like the schools are a little behind in informing students where they stand in the whole application process? I sent out my secondaries a while back and I have yet to hear a peep out of certain schools? I have interviewed at NYCOM and I am still waiting to hear from them too. Is it the school's obligation to inform students if they are getting an interview or can they just not say anything at all and the student is left to read between the lines? I am still waiting to hear from LECOM, PCOM, UMDNJ-SOM, NSUCOM, and AZCOM but I havent even heard if my application is complete or not yet. It should be but it would be nice to have some sort of confirmation. Just getting a little nervous....

Fred

Members don't see this ad.

Each school has individual policies regardding their timeline. Most schools will inform you within 30 days post-interview as to your status. PCOM is the exception to the rule (my acceptance took 6 weeks) and I'm still waiting for some questions to be answered (3+ months).

If you are curious as to the "completeness" of your application, call the adcom. Ask if your application is complete. Remember, that is the applicant's responsibility to make sure it is complete (transcripts, secondaries, $$, etc).

Good luck! Remember, we are entering the middle of the admission cycle. Most school will do the majority of their acceptances now through March.

-A

Thanks for the reply. How late do schools offer interviews typically?

Fredd

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on the school. Must run atleast into the spring.. some (*cough*PCOM*cough*) much later. There is a MS1 at PCOM from my school that got their seat THE WEEK CLASSES STARTED. Now, that is what I'll call late...

Remember to stay on top of EVERYTHING.

Hope I helped-
-A