Worried...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMock

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I ended up failing a class this year. It was my biochemistry class... I really struggle with chemistry... anyway, my cumulative average is still a B- and I'm overall not doing poorly. I also have a lot of volunteer experience and a solid resume in general. So, this is my major concern as of now... do I retake the course next year and take something in the summer so I graduate on time? or take it after my 4th year, pushing back graduating on time but avoid taking a course in the summer, given I can take an english course then....

I would really like to graduate on time but I planned on staying around an extra year to upgrade 3 other classes that weren't so great and to save money for optometry school... *sigh*... any suggestions or help?

Members don't see this ad.

I started out with a 2.77 for the first year or so in college so don't worry. Half or even in my case, most of the game was motivation. If the motivation is there and it is constant, you will get into optometry school. Just stick to it, do a lot of work by researching schools, studying, OAT prep, shadowing, calling schools up about specific questions and even retaking courses if you must. In the end it will be worth it if this is what you want to do with your life.