Worst gpa ever!!! Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys; i am really interested into pharmacy now, and am very motivated. But in my past, i had made 3 F'S in my science courses; such as bio 1, gen chem 1, and 2. I retook it and made A 's and B's. I am still afraid i will not get in, no matter how hard i try, even if i made all A's from now on because it's so hard to pull up the GPA. Please help me,, give advice of what i should do. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

u retook the classes and did well. Stop being so hard on yourself.

jsut make sure you apply to schools that let you retake courses (i.e. USC).

the common sense advice:
- get your overall gpa at least above a 3.0
- retake classes you didnt do so hot on
- show some unique character and leadership in your activities
- get someone to help you revise your aps
- apply early
- get amazing letters of Rec
- be confident and knowledgeable in your interview

really these are things everyone already know. im just replying to give you some supportive personal validation.

going from Fs to As is a big improvement. Just keep doing the same thing and you will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
remember that schools look for INCREASING TRENDS

even if your first year as an undergrad is B's, C's and a couple of D's and F's...and your next two years are mostly A's...they'll still consider you

its so sad to hear the phrase "increasing trend" now =( =(. My trend was increasing tremendously (going from 2.0 to many semesters of straight A's up until I transferred to a university just recently and now its looking like a reverse U shape curve. Its starting to go down to about a B average. I hope I am not at a huge disadvantage.

its so sad to hear the phrase "increasing trend" now =( =(. My trend was increasing tremendously (going from 2.0 to many semesters of straight A's up until I transferred to a university just recently and now its looking like a reverse U shape curve. Its starting to go down to about a B average. I hope I am not at a huge disadvantage.

My trend was similar to yours where my last few semesters weren't too hot. It's a disadvantage that can be overcome. I mainly struggled in upper-division non-pharmacy school related courses. Also, I was able to compensate with great interviews across the board.

The main strategy with pharmacy school admissions is the accentuate the positives while minimizing the negatives. Acknowledge the negatives while understanding and imparting to adcoms how you'll overcome them.

From what i've heard and read so far, it seems anybody can get into a pharmacy school as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Mebbe not the school of your choice but it's doable.

I went to two pharmacy interviews so far this cycle and I was accepted at both schools. The one question that kept coming up in my interviews was about my volunteer experience in a hospital pharmacy. Adcoms and interviewers want to see that you've explored the profession and are just no pursuing pharmacy on a whim so I would recommend getting as much experience in the field as possible paid or unpaid.