Worst pharmacy schools???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TSU is the only school that my father will give me a free ride to for some strange reason.

Worst Schools:

1) Not regionally accredited or pending accreditation status
2) Lowest NAPLEX pass rates

If a program has faulty guidelines and ever-changing by-laws that has put them on a "news-worthy" network then I would stay clear. If your education is paid for in full though then the real question is can the everchanging by-laws still grant you a degree at the end of the day? If you feel uneasy then stay clear

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Worst Schools:

1) Not regionally accredited or pending accreditation status
2) Lowest NAPLEX pass rates

If a program has faulty guidelines and ever-changing by-laws that has put them on a "news-worthy" network then I would stay clear. If your education is paid for in full though then the real question is can the everchanging by-laws still grant you a degree at the end of the day? If you feel uneasy then stay clear
Thank you!!! I've been feeling so bad for saying no to a free ride for pharmacy school at TSU. My Father has offered this on two occasions and both times I've said no.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I've been feeling so bad for saying no to a free ride for pharmacy school at TSU. My Father has offered this on two occasions and both times I've said no.

You feel bad for saying no to wasting your dad's money?

Members don't see this ad :)
You feel bad for saying no to wasting your dad's money?
Yes, because it hurt his feelings when I said no. I never give a reason why I said no and my Father never ask me why I said no either. I later found out that he thought the reason why I said no is because I don't want to do the work. I don't mind doing the work, I just don't want to do the work at TSU pharmacy school. I mostly stay away from this school because of the bad rep it has.

Last edited:
Yes, because it hurt his feelings when I said no. I never give a reason why I said no and my Father never ask me why I said no either. I later found out that he thought the reason why I said no is because I don't want to do the work. I don't mind doing the work, I just don't want to do the work at TSU pharmacy school. I mostly stay away from this school because of the bad rep it has.

Well your username is apropos.

Well your username is apropos.

My father makes a lot of assumptions about me that are not even true and he even told me that I was too stupid to be a pharmacist or dumb to be a pharmacist and kicked me out of his house because of it when I was a senior in high school and also because I wanted to go to pharmacy school at UH. Dad hates UH for some strange reason. So I was homeless for about 15 minutes for a wanting to be a pharmacist and for wanting to go to UH.

Last edited:
I'm looking at potential pharmacy schools to apply to in the northeast. Any experiences with schools to avoid?
Based off this site http://bestpharmacyschools.org/ that complies all pharmacy schools NAPLX it would seem that:

#103University of Puerto Rico
39​
88%​
97.50%​
Below average
#104University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy
66​
88%​
87.88%​
Below average
#105D'Youville College
63​
87%​
80.60%​
Below average
#106Texas Southern University
102​
87%​
79.63%​
Below average
#107Long Island University
175​
86%​
76.73%​
Below average
#108University of Saint Joseph
75​
86%​
79.52%​
Below average
#109Sullivan University
87​
86%​
82.86%​
Below average
#110University of New England
89​
86%​
80.25%​
Below average
#111University of Maryland Eastern Shore
49​
86%​
74.07%​
Below average
#112Howard University
53​
85%​
78.43%​
Below average
#113University of Hawaii
81​
85%​
72.60%​
Below average
#114Xavier University of Louisiana
140​
84%​
76.06%​
Below average
#115Osteopathic Philadelphia College of Medicine, Georgia
84​
84%​
85.88%​
Below average
#116Notre Dame of Maryland University
58​
84%​
85.45%​
Below average
#117Roosevelt University
62​
84%​
80.00%​
Below average
#118Manchester University
60​
84%​
81.43%​
Below average
#119South College
76​
83%​
87.21%​
Below average
#120Florida A&M University
144​
83%​
74.21%​
Below average
#121Chicago State University
73​
82%​
78.26%​
Below average
#122Cedarville University
46​
80%​
86.36%​
Below average
#123Presbyterian College
72​
80%​
80.56%​
Below average
#124Hampton University
59​
79%​
59.62%​
Below average
#125Western New England University
67​
78%​
75.71%​
Far below average
#126Rosalind Franklin University
59​
77%​
77.59%​
Far below average
#127Marshall University
68​
76%​
85.48%​
Far below average
#128Touro University of New York
91​
75%​
68.18%​
Far below average
#129Husson University
55​
73%​
54.90%​
Far below average
#130Fairleigh Dickinson University
71​
70%​
65.79%​
Far below average

Reactions: 1 users
Probably had a course chair who invited a different speaker for each lecture of a class. This was how my school taught their therapeutics courses. Sucks for the students but it's a genius way for the school to cut down on admin costs, actually. If practicing pharmacists/residents are willing to guest lecture for free to pad their resumes or gain teaching experience, then you can effectively run entire courses without needing to pay for actual teaching faculty.
Yeah they did that for my Pathophys class and my PnT class. Too bad many of the "guest lecturers" had never taught before and couldn't teach their way out of a paper bag. The better students learned the material on their own. Couple that with some of the more difficult subjects (cardiovascular and oncology) and the results of the ensuing exams were quite entertaining.

Based off this site http://bestpharmacyschools.org/ that complies all pharmacy schools NAPLX it would seem that:

39​
88%​
97.50%​
Below average
66​
88%​
87.88%​
Below average
#105D'Youville College
63​
87%​
80.60%​
Below average
102​
87%​
79.63%​
Below average
175​
86%​
76.73%​
Below average
75​
86%​
79.52%​
Below average
#109Sullivan University
87​
86%​
82.86%​
Below average
89​
86%​
80.25%​
Below average
49​
86%​
74.07%​
Below average
#112Howard University
53​
85%​
78.43%​
Below average
#113University of Hawaii
81​
85%​
72.60%​
Below average
140​
84%​
76.06%​
Below average
84​
84%​
85.88%​
Below average
58​
84%​
85.45%​
Below average
#117Roosevelt University
62​
84%​
80.00%​
Below average
60​
84%​
81.43%​
Below average
#119South College
76​
83%​
87.21%​
Below average
144​
83%​
74.21%​
Below average
73​
82%​
78.26%​
Below average
46​
80%​
86.36%​
Below average
#123Presbyterian College
72​
80%​
80.56%​
Below average
#124Hampton University
59​
79%​
59.62%​
Below average
67​
78%​
75.71%​
Far below average
59​
77%​
77.59%​
Far below average
#127Marshall University
68​
76%​
85.48%​
Far below average
91​
75%​
68.18%​
Far below average
#129Husson University
55​
73%​
54.90%​
Far below average
71​
70%​
65.79%​
Far below average
thank you posting this. Wow.

Probably had a course chair who invited a different speaker for each lecture of a class. This was how my school taught their therapeutics courses. Sucks for the students but it's a genius way for the school to cut down on admin costs, actually. If practicing pharmacists/residents are willing to guest lecture for free to pad their resumes or gain teaching experience, then you can effectively run entire courses without needing to pay for actual teaching faculty.

That's why pharmacy schools are so profitable and it's ridiculously easy to start one up - all you need in startup costs are a few research/clinical faculty (for credibility purposes only), a dean, and a couple of administrators/coordinators. The bulk of the "teaching faculty" can literally be outsourced for free.
Yeah, they are definitely doing that now a days. Man, the quality of education in pharmacy is going down the tubes , lol. When I was in school, basic sciences were strictly taught by Ph.Ds and therapeutics was taught by clinical faculty. Some of therapeutic instructors were young, but had one or two years of real work experience. Only one went straight from residency to teaching therapeutics. I guess it is a genius design to get pharmacy residents to teach therapeutics, even though they have no real work experience as a independent pharmacist.

Yeah, they are definitely doing that now a days. Man, the quality of education in pharmacy is going down the tubes , lol. When I was in school, basic sciences were strictly taught by Ph.Ds and therapeutics was taught by clinical faculty. Some of therapeutic instructors were young, but had one or two years of real work experience. Only one went straight from residency to teaching therapeutics. I guess it is a genius design to get pharmacy residents to teach therapeutics, even though they have no real work experience as a independent pharmacist.
Not to mention that all your labs/simulations, clinics and even some P1 classes are facilitated by P4's or residents who "need" to do those things to meet the teaching requirements of their residency or get elective credit. It's a vicious cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to mention that all your labs/simulations, clinics and even some P1 classes are facilitated by P4's or residents who "need" to do those things to meet the teaching requirements of their residency or get elective credit. It's a vicious cycle.
Yes, I have seen that too. Teaching components of lab is okay as long as it is supervised and coordinated by the professor. Even fourth year medical students get to teach anatomy lab to first years while under supervision.

However, pharmacy is the only health care profession where the schools of pharmacy employ pharmacists straight out of residency without any real work experience as a independent pharmacist. You never see that in medical and nursing academia. All the faculty have 5 to 15 plus years of real work experience in those health professional schools

Last edited by a moderator:

39​
88%​
97.50%​
Below average
66​
88%​
87.88%​
Below average
#105D'Youville College
63​
87%​
80.60%​
Below average
102​
87%​
79.63%​
Below average
175​
86%​
76.73%​
Below average
75​
86%​
79.52%​
Below average
#109Sullivan University
87​
86%​
82.86%​
Below average
89​
86%​
80.25%​
Below average
49​
86%​
74.07%​
Below average
#112Howard University
53​
85%​
78.43%​
Below average
#113University of Hawaii
81​
85%​
72.60%​
Below average
140​
84%​
76.06%​
Below average
84​
84%​
85.88%​
Below average
58​
84%​
85.45%​
Below average
#117Roosevelt University
62​
84%​
80.00%​
Below average
60​
84%​
81.43%​
Below average
#119South College
76​
83%​
87.21%​
Below average
144​
83%​
74.21%​
Below average
73​
82%​
78.26%​
Below average
46​
80%​
86.36%​
Below average
#123Presbyterian College
72​
80%​
80.56%​
Below average
#124Hampton University
59​
79%​
59.62%​
Below average
67​
78%​
75.71%​
Far below average
59​
77%​
77.59%​
Far below average
#127Marshall University
68​
76%​
85.48%​
Far below average
91​
75%​
68.18%​
Far below average
#129Husson University
55​
73%​
54.90%​
Far below average
71​
70%​
65.79%​
Far below average
I am not surprised by some of those at the bottom

Hopefully some of these schools will soon go extinct like the Dodo as people wise up to the scam that pharmacy education has become.

Reactions: 1 users
I would like to add
HUSSON University in Maine. In 2017 they had the worst pass rate on the NAPLEX in existence (57% pass). Also, it seems MCPHS has been going down hill with test scores. I highly recommend Albany College of Pharmacy, especially their Vermont campus. It just turned to an accelerated program though. My class had only 30 kids, and the professors were very good. I would also recommend the Albany campus. Pass rates are good. Also, ACPHS just implemented the first biopharmaceutics school within it called CBET. They founded it with 37 million dollars very recently (2 weeks ago?) and is the only Pharm.D program that has this program which is specifically designed to gear students up for industry work, including manufacturing of complex/newer biologics.
I would add that High Point University in High Point, NC was the worst as well. They match students with sh***y preceptors and then fail them for no reason. It is a non-accredited school. It is hard for me to give the NAPLEX pass rate since the program is only 3 years old. But I would advise future students do not apply to this program.

I would like to add

I would add that High Point University in High Point, NC was the worst as well. They match students with sh***y preceptors and then fail them for no reason. It is a non-accredited school. It is hard for me to give the NAPLEX pass rate since the program is only 3 years old. But I would advise future students do not apply to this program.
In today's job market, why even consider going to a school without full accreditation (and a very expensive one at that)?

LECOM is horrible! The professors aren’t fair because they change the grading scales in the middle of the semester. The admin is even more terrible and not organized. They don’t tell you anything in a timely manner. This school just want your $$$. Mandatory attendance and dress code, no water, assigned seats. It’s like jail.

LECOM is horrible! The professors aren’t fair because they change the grading scales in the middle of the semester. The admin is even more terrible and not organized. They don’t tell you anything in a timely manner. This school just want your $$$. Mandatory attendance and dress code, no water, assigned seats. It’s like jail.
That's how it pretty much is at High Point University with $60k/ year. The administrative staff lies and there are no valid explanations for their reasoning. I had a horrible rotation experience that was a traumatic experience. I believe public Pharm schools are better.

That's how it pretty much is at High Point University with $60k/ year. The administrative staff lies and there are no valid explanations for their reasoning. I had a horrible rotation experience that was a traumatic experience. I believe public Pharm schools are better.

public pharm school atleast listen to the students feedback and students have rights. Schools like LECOM leave the student with mental disorders. Exactly the admin does something with no reasoning. Oh and don’t be fooled with low tuition. They make you get the most expensive health insurance and have these hidden fees every year

public pharm school atleast listen to the students feedback and students have rights. Schools like LECOM leave the student with mental disorders. Exactly the admin does something with no reasoning. Oh and don’t be fooled with low tuition. They make you get the most expensive health insurance and have these hidden fees every year
Right. Even HPU Pharmacy school is the same way. They made us pay for OSHA, HIPPA, drug tests and immunization certificates (over $150). I had a horrible rotation experience with a sh***y preceptor, who doesn't even like students (dunno why she's even a preceptor if she doesn't like students) and she failed me AFTER I WORKED WITH HER FOR LESS THAN 2 F*****G HOURS. I have never PAID FOR A F****G CLASS AND never learned anything. The school actually violated the rules by not giving an official warning and there were lies written in the preceptor's statement to justify failing me. I went to the dean last year (school has a different dean this year) and explained my case and he basically said that rotations are subjective and preceptors can do whatever they want. I in fact asked, are professors allowed to fail students for subjective reasons GUESS WHAT??? HE ACTUALLY SAID "YES." He said if a professor feels the student is not capable of passing a class, they're allowed to fail them. But at least LECOM has low tuition instead of $60k/yr.

Does pharmacy school ranking really even matter anymore or no? From what people tell me a pharmacy education is a pharmacy education. I've been aiming at Chapman U and Loma Linda myself.

Does pharmacy school ranking really even matter anymore or no? From what people tell me a pharmacy education is a pharmacy education. I've been aiming at Chapman U and Loma Linda myself.

It doesn’t matter because you will likely end up $200k+ in debt and unemployed/underemployed either way.

Reactions: 3 users

Rankings don't matter. Just have your money for them ($~200K+) and there is a good chance you'll graduate with the degree. Think about what non-pharmacy jobs you want to do after you graduate though.

Reactions: 2 users
The worst pharmacy school- for any individual would be student- is the one that will accept you. For they will be the one that you will ultimately blame for (eventually) ruining your life by selling you this charade of a profession.

Reactions: 3 users
For all pre Pharms, who don’t believe the pharmacist posters on SDN and call us conspiracy theorists.

Here is Paul Tran a legit hospital pharmacist with 5 years of experience providing facts that any pharmacy school whether established, top rated or diploma mill is easy to get into. Pay close attention.

For all pre Pharms, who don’t believe the pharmacist posters on SDN and call us conspiracy theorists.

Here is Paul Tran a legit hospital pharmacist with 5 years of experience providing facts that any pharmacy school whether established, top rated or diploma mill is easy to get into. Pay close attention.

I actually messaged him on instagram, and it's weird he basically contradicted himself saying in a DM-"pharmacy may be different and he told me to go for it." So not sure why he's sending mixed messages.

I actually messaged him on instagram, and it's weird he basically contradicted himself saying in a DM-"pharmacy may be different and he told me to go for it." So not sure why he's sending mixed messages.
Thats weird. I have no idea why he would send mixed messages. Are you were speaking to the right Paul Tran? I don’t think he would say that. He has a previous video of why one should not do Pharmacy.

Anyways, this video has stats and factual information why one should not do pharmacy. Also, I am a new grad 2019 and it is not easy finding a job.

Thats weird. I have no idea why he would send mixed messages. Are you were speaking to the right Paul Tran? I don’t think he would say that. He has a previous video of why one should not do Pharmacy.

Anyways, this video has stats and factual information why one should not do pharmacy. Also, I am a new grad 2019 and it is not easy finding a job.
I mean his instagram profile photo was recognizable. You can search on instagram-if you don't believe me. I asked him the same question on instagram and he did basically encourage me to do pharmacy. Maybe he didn't want to sound discouraging. IDK what to tell you.

On a unrelated note, if you're having a tough time finding a job-is it practical to say take out loans and start your own pharmacy or even buy a preexisting pharmacy from someone?

I mean his instagram profile photo was recognizable. You can search on instagram-if you don't believe me. I asked him the same question on instagram and he did basically encourage me to do pharmacy. Maybe he didn't want to sound discouraging. IDK what to tell you.
Instagram@paultrandiy

That’s strange as to why he would give miss information as he has been consistent on YouTube. Also check out Tony Guerra PharmD providing a YouTube podcast telling pharmacy residents to go work for a bank before applying for a clinical job.

On a unrelated note, if you're having a tough time finding a job-is it practical to say take out loans and start your own pharmacy or even buy a preexisting pharmacy from someone?

Well, do you have a spouse who has a income. I only know one colleague who started his own independent pharmacy, but his wife saved up money for the business and used to own a boutique shop. I doubt it would be practical starting a business on your own. How are you going to purchase a pharmacy from someone when you don’t have any money to pay for it?

Well, do you have a spouse who has a income. I only know one colleague who started his own independent pharmacy, but his wife saved up money for the business and used to own a boutique shop. I doubt it would be practical starting a business on your own. How are you going to purchase a pharmacy from someone when you don’t have any money to pay for it?
It was just an idea -incase nothing else works out. Plus, due to COVID- I agree with you it may not be a right time to start your own independent pharmacy since most patients are getting prescriptions through the mail. I myself am single so I thought I would think of potential options-in case nothing else works out. It is a hypothetical question

It was just an idea -incase nothing else works out. Plus, due to COVID- I agree with you it may not be a right time to start your own independent pharmacy since most patients are getting prescriptions through the mail. I myself am single so I thought I would think of potential options-in case nothing else works out. It is a hypothetical question
Have you considered learning how to code in your spare time?

Have you considered learning how to code in your spare time?
hahaha my folks have actually been imploring me to do this. I thought of doing a coding bootcamp where you become certified within 4-6 months.

I am looking into it if I get rejected from CVS and Walgreens, the lowest of the low end jobs of pharmacy.
Yeah it's always good to have a backup option. My friend who did a liberal arts degree- completed a certification course from app academy and he is now working for Indeed.com.

FYI, Walgreens did a budget cut. Mass layoffs for experienced and floater pharmacists. And they are slimming down their stores. Tell any prepharms you know to jump the sinking ship. Also, check the job market forum for the truth. Spread the word.

FYI, Walgreens did a budget cut. Mass layoffs for experienced and floater pharmacists. And they are slimming down their stores. Tell any prepharms you know to jump the sinking ship. Also, check the job market forum for the truth. Spread the word.
Yeah. Maybe it's a blessing I "rage quit" my pharmacy school. LOL