Worth apply yo any? sGPA=oGPA=3.95 MCAT 498

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meddreamer21

Reaction score
Hi,

Quite unusual situation. Undergrad sGPA=oGPA=3.95 MCAT 498; immigrant but ORM
English is not my native language(non-trad) and I think this worked against me in the MCAT as in all my science classes I was always #1-3 in the class.

EC
160h Medical Scribe
Covid volunteer 90h
Shadowing 50h
Secretary at AED
LORs from 4 science professors and 1 MD; 1 DO

Is that worth applying at all? If so, what school to try? I understand that you will recommend re-take MCAT, but what if it stays the same because of my background. When I read USMLE question it's much easier for me to understand them, MCAT is build to trick native speakers, thus I'm surely in bad position.

Best

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
124-124-126-124

I'm US permanent residents, could be citizen in 1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
124-124-126-124

I'm US permanent residents, could be citizen in 1 year.
Looks like you could still significantly improve your science sections and your score is not just due to english as a 2nd language.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like you could still significantly improve your science sections and your score is not just due to english as a 2nd language.
Passage type of science section of MCAT frustrate me, to confirm that I decided to take practice DAT sci sections and get 80% percentile. Maybe you guys here have some tips for mastering that?

Not sure, I'm currently student in PA undergrad, but as I told by school, I do not get PA residence cause I'm in PA for studying purposes
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your MCAT of 498 and I suggest these:
PCOM (all school)
LECOM (all schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
RVU-Montana
Touro-Montana
ATSU-SOMA
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to502 range so you should receive interviews.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your MCAT of 498 and I suggest these:
PCOM (all school)
LECOM (all schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
RVU-Montana
Touro-Montana
ATSU-SOMA
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to502 range so you should receive interviews.
In case of retaking MCAT, is it worth to apply with that score, I mean if I don't get in next time it will be even worse since I'll be second time applicant, even if I increase MCAT to let's say 503, or not?

PCOM (all school)
LECOM (all schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
RVU-Montana
Touro-Montana
ATSU-SOMA
Also, is that worth to apply to let's say Noorda and KHSC COM, if their website said, MCAT >50% percentile or >500 required?