worth it to do ALL BR passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erskine

hit it, H
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know that if I had enough time, this wouldn't even be a question.

But right now i'm focusing on the jan 30th mcat, and am a little behind in my schedule, Still have the last 3 aamcs to take and about 75 BR passages in physics, Gchem, and Ochem.

I figure i can do both, but that would put a lot of stress on me, and the last thing i want to do before taking the MCAT is risk a potential mental burnout.

I've been doing fairly well on the AAMCS and have not scored lower than a 35 on any of them (let's hope i didn't just jinx myself). And i've done pretty well on the BR passages.

So my schedule right now is to finish up all the AAMCS, maybe get through 30 more of the BR passages, and just briefly skim the the other passages and then just look at the answers to make sure that i understood the important parts of the question.

Do you guys think this is all right? Or would my time be better spent sacrificing 1 or 2 practice tests and instead focus on BR practice passages?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say do the aamcs, of course, and only do passages in areas you don't feel confident in or feel you are weak in. You should have a pretty good idea now about what you aren't and are good at. Just focus on eliminating weaknesses, that's about all you can do these last few days.

Good luck,

-LIS

I'd suggest you stay away from the BR passages, the last thing you want to do is to burn-out before the battle even started.

i know that if I had enough time, this wouldn't even be a question.

But right now i'm focusing on the jan 30th mcat, and am a little behind in my schedule, Still have the last 3 aamcs to take and about 75 BR passages in physics, Gchem, and Ochem.

I figure i can do both, but that would put a lot of stress on me, and the last thing i want to do before taking the MCAT is risk a potential mental burnout.

I've been doing fairly well on the AAMCS and have not scored lower than a 35 on any of them (let's hope i didn't just jinx myself). And i've done pretty well on the BR passages.

So my schedule right now is to finish up all the AAMCS, maybe get through 30 more of the BR passages, and just briefly skim the the other passages and then just look at the answers to make sure that i understood the important parts of the question.

Do you guys think this is all right? Or would my time be better spent sacrificing 1 or 2 practice tests and instead focus on BR practice passages?

By the end I was doing only half of the passages in each chapter and spending more time on review packets and exams. If your test is in a few days, I wouldn't do the books.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the advice guys.

i will definitely finish up all the aamcs (only 1 left after today) then just do a couple passages in my weak areas and then just review everything else.

just 3 more days....

thanks for the advice guys.

i will definitely finish up all the aamcs (only 1 left after today) then just do a couple passages in my weak areas and then just review everything else.

just 3 more days....

make sure to rest and relax the brain too...

very important to feel mentally rested....:thumbup: