Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am a rising freshman at a mid-tier BS/MD program that is 7 years long. I have the option of taking an extra year of undergrad (making it 8 years) to apply out to top medical schools. The MD school in this 7 year program has a GI fellowship and has many research opportunities. Is it worth taking an extra year of undergrad for the chance of going to a top medical school in order to increase my future competitiveness for a good IM residency which will increase my chances of attaining a GI fellowship? I know that GI is the most competitive fellowship after IM and when I apply it might be 9-10 years from now.
Thanks in advance!
I am a rising freshman at a mid-tier BS/MD program that is 7 years long. I have the option of taking an extra year of undergrad (making it 8 years) to apply out to top medical schools. The MD school in this 7 year program has a GI fellowship and has many research opportunities. Is it worth taking an extra year of undergrad for the chance of going to a top medical school in order to increase my future competitiveness for a good IM residency which will increase my chances of attaining a GI fellowship? I know that GI is the most competitive fellowship after IM and when I apply it might be 9-10 years from now.
Thanks in advance!