Worth taking Step 1 again?

Started by deleted1148566
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1148566

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently found out I failed Step 1. I am a 3rd year DO student. Is it worth taking again or should I just stick to COMLEX? I passed level 1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Psych has something like a 75% match rate with comlex only. It's also a specialty where boards matter a bit less. Do you think you could pass step?
 
Can’t you not send your usmle transcript. Imo comlex only > comlex + usmle fail then pass
Yes, you can choose to not send your USMLE transcript, however if OP chose to retake step 1 or take step 2, programs would see all attempts.
 
Psych has something like a 75% match rate with comlex only. It's also a specialty where boards matter a bit less. Do you think you could pass step?
passed all my practice tests last round and still failed, so I guess I can