worthwhile summer programs for MS-1 students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Igor4sugry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This winter break I am trying to look for summer programs. I attempted to search Google for this but did not have good results.

I am looking for clinical/research/both programs that I can do this summer.

[1] Can someone make some suggestions, provide links with database of such programs?

[2] What are your plans for the summer?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This winter break I am trying to look for summer programs. I attempted to search Google for this but did not have good results.

I am looking for clinical/research/both programs that I can do this summer.

[1] Can someone make some suggestions, provide links with database of such programs?

[2] What are your plans for the summer?

Thanks

http://www.aps-spr.org/Student_Research/Info.htm

If interested in pediatrics, basic science or clinical. Your username suggests this might not be the case...but who knows??

I have an engineering background, and right now I'm looking for what is out there. I learned that the best opportunities are in places you least expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the funding opportunities page for medical students on my blog. There may be some opportunities that would be helpful to you--or you can take some of these to potential research mentors--which will make you attractive and is also a way to also make some money for you.

this is your last summer of freedom. travel! europarty or medical volunteering, whatever, just get out there.

unless you get a really good research job which will give you a killer publication, than forget it and get out of the country, maybe even on the government's dime, :)

Can you tell me more about these TRAVEL programs that I can get funding for?

Thanks.

I just talked to my dean about such opportunities and one that she told me is available at every med school in the US is "Bridging the Gap". It's a community service based program that every US medical school participates in. There is no website, that I could find, but apparently if you talk to your dean about it, he/she would know.