• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Igor4sugry

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2005
Status
This winter break I am trying to look for summer programs. I attempted to search Google for this but did not have good results.

I am looking for clinical/research/both programs that I can do this summer.

[1] Can someone make some suggestions, provide links with database of such programs?

[2] What are your plans for the summer?

Thanks

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
This winter break I am trying to look for summer programs. I attempted to search Google for this but did not have good results.

I am looking for clinical/research/both programs that I can do this summer.

[1] Can someone make some suggestions, provide links with database of such programs?

[2] What are your plans for the summer?

Thanks
http://www.aps-spr.org/Student_Research/Info.htm

If interested in pediatrics, basic science or clinical. Your username suggests this might not be the case...but who knows??

Igor4sugry

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2005
Status
I have an engineering background, and right now I'm looking for what is out there. I learned that the best opportunities are in places you least expect.

About the Ads
A

alEXatosu

this is your last summer of freedom. travel! europarty or medical volunteering, whatever, just get out there.

unless you get a really good research job which will give you a killer publication, than forget it and get out of the country, maybe even on the government's dime, :)

Blimp

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2007
Status
Can you tell me more about these TRAVEL programs that I can get funding for?

Thanks.

fireflygirl

The Ultimate Blindian
10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just talked to my dean about such opportunities and one that she told me is available at every med school in the US is "Bridging the Gap". It's a community service based program that every US medical school participates in. There is no website, that I could find, but apparently if you talk to your dean about it, he/she would know.

About the Ads