Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

worthwhile summer programs for MS-1 students

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Igor4sugry, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Igor4sugry

Igor4sugry Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

This winter break I am trying to look for summer programs. I attempted to search Google for this but did not have good results.

I am looking for clinical/research/both programs that I can do this summer.

[1] Can someone make some suggestions, provide links with database of such programs?

[2] What are your plans for the summer?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oldbearprofessor

Administrator Rocket Scientist Physician Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    http://www.aps-spr.org/Student_Research/Info.htm

If interested in pediatrics, basic science or clinical. Your username suggests this might not be the case...but who knows??

4. Igor4sugry

Igor4sugry Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have an engineering background, and right now I'm looking for what is out there. I learned that the best opportunities are in places you least expect.

5. themudphud

2+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Check out the funding opportunities page for medical students on my blog. There may be some opportunities that would be helpful to you--or you can take some of these to potential research mentors--which will make you attractive and is also a way to also make some money for you.

6. this is your last summer of freedom. travel! europarty or medical volunteering, whatever, just get out there.

unless you get a really good research job which will give you a killer publication, than forget it and get out of the country, maybe even on the government's dime, :)

7. Blimp

7+ Year Member

Can you tell me more about these TRAVEL programs that I can get funding for?

Thanks.

8. fireflygirl

fireflygirl The Ultimate Blindian
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I just talked to my dean about such opportunities and one that she told me is available at every med school in the US is "Bridging the Gap". It's a community service based program that every US medical school participates in. There is no website, that I could find, but apparently if you talk to your dean about it, he/she would know.