Would Human Growth and Development cover my Psych pre req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

8MoreReps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe it is considered a higher level psych class, no? I have already taken psych but got a C and then took this class later and got an A. I don't want to use the C grade so I was hoping I could use this as a substitute when I apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Many programs require both general psych and either human growth and development or abnormal psych. This can vary from program to program though so you should check the apta website to see the requirements for the programs that you are interested in. Also, some programs require that some classes be taken at a 4 year university, and for others, it does not matter where it is taken. Also, if you took the same class twice, some programs will average the two grades you got, and others will just take the higher grade. Check the apta website for info on that too.

It says "developmental psych" as an option I wonder if this is qualified though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask the school you're applying to. They'll have the answers you're looking for.

Ask the school you're applying to. They'll have the answers you're looking for.

I agree, when unsure, you can also just email or call the dpt programs that you are interested in directly. Awhile ago, I emailed a few of the programs I am going to be applying for to ask them a prerequisite question, and they all got back to me quickly with a direct answer.