Would I be wasting resources if I went ahead and started content review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdoom12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will not be taking the MCAT until Spring 2014, but I'd like to go ahead and review a bit. My course-load this semester is quite light, as I am just finishing up prerequisites at this point. Anyway, I thought about picking up TPR or EK for biology, general chemistry, and verbal right now. I haven't had physics or organic yet.

Thoughts? Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

You could certainly get started on content review if you have free time. MCAT books are a great supplement for any class. Just be careful about how you use your practice passages. You don't want to "use up" all of your practice problems too early. The best thing right now is to be aware of your Verbal skills. Don't start using up all of your Verbal passages, but do start practicing your reading skills (read the news, scholarly articles, etc.), because that is the one thing I regret not working harder on.

You could certainly get started on content review if you have free time. MCAT books are a great supplement for any class. Just be careful about how you use your practice passages. You don't want to "use up" all of your practice problems too early. The best thing right now is to be aware of your Verbal skills. Don't start using up all of your Verbal passages, but do start practicing your reading skills (read the news, scholarly articles, etc.), because that is the one thing I regret not working harder on.

I had planned on taking a Kaplan course, but after reading the stickies at the top, it seems as though a lot of people succeed without it. With that in mind, should I avoid using any certain company to review in fear of "using up" the material? As in, should I save, say, TPR for my serious studying closer to the date that I will actually take the MCAT?