would it be unprofessional to...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anitay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be unprofessional to bring the secondary application to an open house?

also what do most people where for open houses? for women?

Members don't see this ad.

I would mail it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could probably drop it off. But chances are, they're thinking about other things at an open house, so I'd mail it.

Find another way to get face-time.

So you don't get the face time; which is obviously more likely. But in the off chance that they do remember you, I don't see how that could possibly hurt.

i'd mail it just to be on the safe side....get it certified to u know they received it... if u drop it off, some secretary mite misplace it by accident or something...especially if its a busy day like open house...

I would drop it off aka get some face time.

3 seconds of face time when you are 1 of 4,000 applicants hardly seems worth it.

If I am running an open house the last thing I want is someone handing me paperwork that I need to go out of my way to file.

Mail it the way everyone else does so it can be filed appropriately by the right people at the right time.

You dont want to be remember as that applicant who cornered an admissions officer at an open house to hand them an envelope that they could just as easily mailed to the secretary.

Seems that you can simply speak with the admission people and let them know "I recently mailed my secondary and you should be recieving it soon."

Would it be unprofessional to bring the secondary application to an open house?

bringing the secondary to the open house is a little gangster, but if you take it directly to the admissions office before they conduct presentations, i dont see how it would be that bad.

what have you guys been wearing to the open houses?

i wore dark grey pants and a light blue collared shirt. Some people wore jeans, while others suits. I guess its just up to you what you want to wear. Although, I myself wouldn't wear jeans.