Would MOOC class certification strengthen application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lana_2020

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if an online certification (in field related to PT) can help my application stronger? Some online courses like eDx, Coursera... offer classes but you have to pay for the certification (range from 100-200ish). I want to know beside GRE score, GPA, volunteer hours... will online certification show my dedication to the school I apply? If you think it helps, please suggest some certification program that is worth the money.

Thank a bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think a lot of schools look at this sections super in detail because it doesnt say much (anyone can technically get a certificate). But if you already are certified in personal training or something, it will definetely help you once you start PT school because you mihgt be familiar with some of the exercises or muscle groups. I would soend time making sure your personal essay and any supplemental essays are the best they can be, and provide your LOR writers with enough information so their letters can be they best they can be! Those are weighed more (after GRE and GPA).

Won't matter. If you do the free course it could be something to talk about in interviews/essays about how it made you passionate about PT, but not worth the money.

Hi, I wonder if an online certification (in field related to PT) can help my application stronger? Some online courses like eDx, Coursera... offer classes but you have to pay for the certification (range from 100-200ish). I want to know beside GRE score, GPA, volunteer hours... will online certification show my dedication to the school I apply? If you think it helps, please suggest some certification program that is worth the money.

Thank a bunch.
NO!!! Waste of money. Technically, you can read the same information online for free. "certification" means they charged you and gave you a useless piece of "paper."