Would my Kaplan MCAT book be good to use to study the science for the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forgiven4889

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would my Kaplan MCAT book be good to use to study the science for the PCAT? Also what should I use to study calculus because I havn't looked at it or statistics in 5 years. Also what to use for human A and P? I started studying today for the october exam.

Members don't see this ad.

the pcat's biology section is very basic but it covers a lot of random things. I would think MCAT prep books go into too much detail which is not necessary. It's not to say it's useless to study them however. I would try to focus on the Kaplan pharm book and then supplement with whatever you have on hand and remember as much as possible. For calculus, you only need to know the basics like derivatives - implict and random log/natural log crap- it ends up being really simple on the real test. Use as much online resources as you can like practice calculus tests from high school websites or college. Try to be productive and not worry so much! That's the best advice I can give you. good luck