Would taking more 3-4 weeks in submitting my secondaries be detrimental to my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LordCommander

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am waiting for my DO letter to come in. I already have a MD letter in AACOMAS, but I think I should add a DO letter too.
 
I think your question hasn't gotten answered because it isn't quite clear what you mean.

Are you asking if waiting another 3-4 weeks to submit your primary application would be detrimental?

If so, I would say no, but you are begging to push the envelope. If you have a physician letter, then you should just apply, and add the DO letter when it comes!
 
I am sorry, I just realized the grammatical mistake that I made in the post heading. Yes, you understood my question right. I received secondary's from school last week. And it will take another 2-3 weeks before I will receive my DO LoR. Although I already have my MD letter uploaded in AACOMAS, I am not sure if I should also wait for that DO letter to give me that extra edge as an applicant or whether taking more that 2 weeks for turning in my secondary's from the date I received them will be detrimental for my applications.
 
Honestly just submit it, and send the letter later. I think there are...3 DO schools that even require a DO letter? For most places, it's just a nice thing to have.
I got my DO letter much later after submission, and I've only sent it to PCOM, because the DO I shadowed was an alum.