Would you allow clients to sit in on a minor surgical procedure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all,

Thank you ALL for your support. Seriously, you guys rock and I appreciate everyone who took the time to answer my questions or send me a message.

My cat made it through the surgery and is now in recovery. Still under the influence of anesthesia, he's behaving like a drunk cat :D. To reward him for his awesome behavior with the Vet, I gave him an extra helping of his favorite wet food, which he promptly proceeded to gobble down incase I changed my mind.

I'm very grateful that we got it done since this means he'll be out of pain that he had been suffering from before.

Best wishes to all of you,
With the greatest respect,
Incis0r

Reactions: 8 users
Hey all,

Thank you ALL for your support. Seriously, you guys rock and I appreciate everyone who took the time to answer my questions or send me a message.

My cat made it through the surgery and is now in recovery. Still under the influence of anesthesia, he's behaving like a drunk cat :D. To reward him for his awesome behavior with the Vet, I gave him an extra helping of his favorite wet food, which he promptly proceeded to gobble down incase I changed my mind.

I'm very grateful that we got it done since this means he'll be out of pain that he had been suffering from before.

Best wishes to all of you,
With the greatest respect,
Incis0r
in the future...make sure to feed less than the normal amount after anesthetic procedure. risk of vomiting is higher and therefore there is an aspiration risk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
in the future...make sure to feed less than the normal amount after anesthetic procedure. risk of vomiting is higher and therefore there is an aspiration risk

You're absolutely right- I should have clarified- he usually gets wet AND dry food daily. Dry food is a much larger portion of his diet. Since his dry food was completely cut off (per Vet instructions), I increased his wet food both as a reward to him and to ensure that he got some of the energy he'd be missing from less dry food. Does that make sense? Overall, his food intake was less than the daily amount.

You're absolutely right- I should have clarified- he usually gets wet AND dry food daily. Dry food is a much larger portion of his diet. Since his dry food was completely cut off (per Vet instructions), I increased his wet food both as a reward to him and to ensure that he got some of the energy he'd be missing from less dry food. Does that make sense? Overall, his food intake was less than the daily amount.
i tell my clients 1/4-1/2 the amount of what they usually eat. I wouldn't have increased the wet if it were me

Also, I now really want to try organizing an SDN guild somewhere so I have more people to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yessssss. Also still have my lvl 100 boost and can't decide what to use it on... So there it sits.

Yessssss. Also still have my lvl 100 boost and can't decide what to use it on... So there it sits.

Feral druids are always a solid option.
Also, try out outlaw rogues- I LOVE mine. He's a gnome so he gets extra haste and energy.

Fixed that for you.

Love that change :rofl:

Plus they have awesome looks- I'm trying to farm this look:

233073.jpg

I'm really sad that the more I play her, the more I hate my main (shadow priest). So I basically wasted my lvl 100 boost.

But, I'm working on leveling my kitty Druid alt. So good to know they are OP as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm sure it's going to be ok. Don't worry about this, it's not necessary to assist and as in normal life you can assist when an operation is provided to a person, the same for you cat too. They are good, and they don't treat animals bad. Death can happen just in cases there is something very hard to execute, but this can happen to a human being to. Just don't worry it's okay.

Thank you for your response.

I have the time to wait. No worries.

How? This is the first time my pet has gotten a major surgical procedure, I have heard horror stories of Vets committing abuse, and I just want to ensure that doesn't happen to my pet who is dependent on me.

And it's within my rights, as my pet's guardian, to remove that Vet as my pet's official Vet and find one who will let me watch. If I can't find one locally, I'll pay extra to fly my pet to a hospital in a different state where they allow it (I know certain vets allow it).
So, would you remove the VET in the middle of the procedure if you didn't like how things were going? Where I the vet, I would want to be very sure of you and your reactions.