Would you eat a poop hot dog to gain admission to your first choice school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you eat a poop hot dog to get into your first choice school?

• Yes

Votes: 2,011 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,168 36.7%

• Total voters
Do asians have to eat more poop hot dogs to get into their top choice?

so meta

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am ashamed to admit it but...yes...

Two years ago (even though my top choice then is still my top choice now), that answer would have been no, haha, but circumstances change. I really really want to get into this school. Location, caliber, and everything else about this place is too perfect.

It is I, the great Milhouse Van Houten. Every year or so I check up on my beloved thread topic that I dreamed up while studying late for the MCATs. So long ago. I'm now an attending. I'm married. It's crazy. But, ladies and gentlemen, I can assure you it's worth it. A poop hot dog is a small price to pay for the joy of being a physician. I don't think I'd eat a poop hot dog to get into my FIRST CHOICE medical school, but i certainly would eat one to get into A medical school. BTW, not joking, you will sooner or later get stool in your mouth at one point or another during your medical training, via a poop hot dog or other vehicle. for me it happened as medical student performing a rectosigmoid exam with the scope. straight into my face when the patient beared down. yuck! also when the GI docs do ERCP's--be wary of the wire!! I wonder what has happened to the other posters of my generation, like morningstar and scoobydoo. so funny that 8 or 9 years ago when i posted this my biggest fear was my 8 in the verbal section. holy crap, that stuff is SO MEANINGLESS and POINTLESS at this stage. are you professional, are you courteous, are you punctual? are you competent? that's all that matters folks!!
A legend

100G - Milhouse Van Houten Award
  • (Create a timeless, epic SDN thread)

Reactions: 12 users
The memories

Reactions: 1 users
Science has progressed leaps and bounds since this thread was started. We know now that eating poop hot dogs might be the best weight loss tool ever invented, depending on the point of origination. To think that one could lose weight and get into their top choice medical school. Milhouse was a visionary far ahead of his time.

Reactions: 9 users
Sure, but could I batter and deep fry it first? Also may need some horseradish mustard for dipping

You know, I too sometimes lay in bed dreaming of weird things I would do to get into medical school. Poop hotdog was not one but I used to have dreams about banana hammocks. Why, you might ask? Well, I don't know. It certainly wasn't the shape.

Anyways, I'll just say that ya I probably would dabble with a couple banana hammocks if I could get into a medical school. Top choice? Well, maybe just 1 banana hammock. Maybe 2 if the school threw in some scholarship money.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I could only physically swallow it if I could have it in a smoothie or with a nasogastric tube or something.

Last edited:
Waiting to hear back post interview from my top choice....YES I would still do it in a heartbeat.

It's a travesty that he only has 32 likes.

The Lee Harper of SDN.

You know, I too sometimes lay in bed dreaming of weird things I would do to get into medical school. Poop hotdog was not one but I used to have dreams about banana hammocks. Why, you might ask? Well, I don't know. It certainly wasn't the shape.

Anyways, I'll just say that ya I probably would dabble with a couple banana hammocks if I could get into a medical school. Top choice? Well, maybe just 1 banana hammock. Maybe 2 if the school threw in some scholarship money.

Loads of people do that for fun, way better than the poop hot dog.

The better question: how many poop hot dogs would one be willing to eat?

Reactions: 2 users
Came back here just to say I'd eat a poop hot dog to match into my first choice RESIDENCY.

Reactions: 4 users
You dont have to eat a poop hot dog if you dont have a first choice.
afd.jpg_large

Reactions: 16 users
takeru_kobayashi_2006_07_04.jpg

One hot dog is nothing. I'd give Takeru Kobayashi and Joey Chestnut a run for their money.

SEE ME June 1st... At the first annual....

AMCAS POOP-DOG EATING CONTEST (APDEC)™

Attachments

• Shutterstock_596377e.jpg
    Shutterstock_596377e.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
why are there 25 pages to this thread

• Haha
I doubt any of these scrubs would step up to the plate if this offer was actually on the line

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The question is, where you getting the poop from? Is it finely aged, italian poop? Or some kinda cheap, knockoff, chinese poop?

I'd eat one regardless but one I'd enjoy and the other I'd REALLY enjoy.

After 3 years as a CNA I could do that pretty easily

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At first, I was wary of the idea of eating the hot dog. But now, as time progresses, I have become more accepting. I will eat it now.

In this hypothetical scenario, can my first choice be Harvard?

Because I would eat a poop hot dog to get into Harvard.

Can this be done over time or does it have to be all once?

What's the LD50 on poop hot dogs?

...answer is still yes

Are you guys actually serious with these yeses because I honestly can't tell.

If you have C-diff and eat a poop hotdog, do you still need to undergo a poop transplant?

Reactions: 5 users