Would you leave your significant other behind?

D

deleted185747

Hello, I am starting my internship in IM in a week. My wife and I were going to take a vacation for the week prior to me starting because we know we won't be seeing much of each other... Just a few hours prior to take off for our tropical paradise, my wife realized that her passport expired and that she cannot go. She told me to just go without her. Keep in mind that the entire trip was paid for- nicest hotels etc... All non-refundable... Almost $3000 lost including airfare. :eek:

So my question is: Would you have gone by yourself?

Members don't see this ad.

There are companies that can arrange "emergency" passport renewal services in about 24 hours - total cost maybe $500? A small cost to salvage much of the trip...

I would have paid $100 to delay the flight a day, and then done the expedited passport. You could still enjoy 5 days at least!

Members don't see this ad :)
No.

Not to be too sappy or anything, but personally, I don't think there's a point going on a traveling vacation without your significant other. Casual dating? Leave her behind! Wife, fiance, etc? Stay with her and figure something out.

-X

no , i would not go by myself. i would be really bored to go alone.
try to sell the package, etc

Go alone, leave the wife behind and then remember what they say "What happens in _________________ stays in _________________"

Actually stay home with the wife, kiss the 3K goodbye and show her how much you love her. No need to have her worry about the girl at the bar you met.

No, it's just a trip. I would just hang out with her and go somewhere else somewhat local.

Normally, I would have been really excited to see a new part of the world, so I would have gone without my spouse and maybe taken a same gender friend or my sister. Why completely throw away all the money and miss the experience because my spouse made a mistake? (And I hope the spouse would be okay with this as well and see the logic behind the decision.) But in this situation, since the whole point of the trip was to spend time together before you practically drop off the face of the planet, going alone makes no sense. Stay with your wife and explore your own city or take a cheap weekend vacation just to get away from home for a bit.

Hello, I am starting my internship in IM in a week. My wife and I were going to take a vacation for the week prior to me starting because we know we won't be seeing much of each other... Just a few hours prior to take off for our tropical paradise, my wife realized that her passport expired and that she cannot go. She told me to just go without her. Keep in mind that the entire trip was paid for- nicest hotels etc... All non-refundable... Almost $3000 lost including airfare. :eek:

So my question is: Would you have gone by yourself?

that is VERY odd....was it a suprise?

how could she not have known. suSpIciOus

My husband is starting his residency tomorrow and as a way to 'charge his batteries' I arranged for a one week stay in Miami Beach for him and his best friend. We have a small baby and the two of us were home alone. I used my vacation to take care of the baby and he had the real vacation which he well deserved.

If my passport had expired (how come she did not check, was it a surprise vacation??) I would have told him to go alone, have fun and tell me all about it :D