Would You Rather?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beaverfetus

poo-tee-weet?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
would you rather get automatic acceptance at the lowest ranked school on your list, and be forced to matriculate, or continue to go through the process normally?

Members don't see this ad.

beaverfetus said:
would you rather get automatic acceptance at the lowest ranked school on your list, and be forced to matriculate, or continue to go through the process normally?

lowest ranked by me, or lowest ranked on us news and whatever?

leahmaria said:
lowest ranked by me, or lowest ranked on us news and whatever?

well go with least desirable by you

Members don't see this ad :)
Solution: apply to Harvard, Stanford, and UCSF. If someone forces me to matriculate at one of these schools, I'll make the sacrifice for you, beaverfetus.

Rafa said:
Solution: apply to Harvard, Stanford, and UCSF. If someone forces me to matriculate at one of these schools, I'll make the sacrifice for you, beaverfetus.

/hands rafa a thread red card

beaverfetus said:
well go with least desirable by you

I'd rather get acceptance and go. I'm not applying to any schools that I wouldn't want to be at (from what I know now), and maybe I could use some of this money for a nice cruise ;) (Or more realistically for first years tuition or a medical mission trip during spring break my upcoming senior year) The one thing I'm looking forward to in the process is interviewing and getting a chance to see what the schools are like...I don't know enough yet about most of the schools that I'm applying to to know which is last on my list.

well since I have one school on my list (EDP), i'll go with the lowest auto-matriculate option

I'm pretty sure I'd go through the process as is, I may end up eating my words, but I went ED to a pretty safe bet for undergraduate, and I ended up always wondering where I could have gone if i had stuck the process out. I mean we've already come so far...

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to go through the process. Especially after spending so much time on secondaries already. I'm excited to being able to travel this year.

going through the application once already and starting the new cycle...i'd rather get the acceptance at a low ranked school.

If you had asked me that question when I was a freshman (and scared to death I would never get in) I would have said give me the lowest ranked acceptance.

Now that I'm a senior, I say let me go through the process.

beaverfetus said:
Speaking as someone who just finished going through with the process, I would take the automatic acceptance as long as it was to any accredited American school. Seriously.

go through the entire process

beaverfetus said:

And the lowest ranked school on your list is what, Vandy? :p

I will take the automatic acceptance!
It is an MD school and helllllll yeah! :hardy:
Call the dean and I will send the $100.

From someone who went through the process last year and who feared (like most pre-meds) that I wouldn't get accepted anywhere...I say go through the process. I was pleasantly surprised at how last cycle turned out for me and I'm sure many of you will be in the same boat.

Go through the process. If we're talking least desirable to me, there's a tx school on my list that I just can't stand - don't ask me why I finished the secondary. I have no idea. :rolleyes:

That would make a great episode of Deal...or No Deal

ADeadLois said:
That would make a great episode of Deal...or No Deal

:laugh: With the medical school names in the cases.

"Your case, Jackie...could hold Pritzker...." :eek: :eek:

beaverfetus said:

I'll take the automatic acceptance. In case I didn't mention it before this entire process SUCKS. And I'll give my left nut just to shorten the time and anxiety in this process by getting an acceptance in any US school.

beaverfetus said:

I'd stick out the process anytime. C'mon, this application thing is kind of fun!

jackieMD2007 said:
:laugh: With the medical school names in the cases.

"Your case, Jackie...could hold Pritzker...." :eek: :eek:

Wow! I would be more addicted to that show than SDN!

I know, Leah. I think we all would. Watching people get dissed completely and getting the case with Hollywood Upstairs Medical School or UT-Chuck Norris would be really tough, though.

jackieMD2007 said:
I know, Leah. I think we all would. Watching people get dissed completely and getting the case with Hollywood Upstairs Medical School or UT-Chuck Norris would be really tough, though.

You know you want to go to UT-Chuck Norris!

leahmaria said:
You know you want to go to UT-Chuck Norris!

:laugh: Yeah, it's my second choice after Pritzker!!! You know me.... :D

Zoom-Zoom said:
And the lowest ranked school on your list is what, Vandy? :p

g-dubbya or gtown probably.... for least desirable anyway, too close to home!