Would you recommend taking this course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolcycle_22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Registration is right around the corner and I was wondering if I should take this course to help boost my BCPM GPA. It's called BIOL 4560- Research Methods in Biology. This is the course description: This course provides comprehensive development of skills necessary for students to become advanced science writers and researchers. By the end of this course. Students should be able to: Gather accurate information about a possible career path; Effectively use the steps of the scientific method; Communicate in-depth scientific information effectively in oral and written form using appropriate terminology and charts/graphs; Collect and analyze data and present results in appropriate formats including chart, graph and oral/written form.

Will this count towards my BCPM GPA? Is this a course you would recommend taking?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Registration is right around the corner and I was wondering if I should take this course to help boost my BCPM GPA. It's called BIOL 4560- Research Methods in Biology. This is the course description: This course provides comprehensive development of skills necessary for students to become advanced science writers and researchers. By the end of this course. Students should be able to: Gather accurate information about a possible career path; Effectively use the steps of the scientific method; Communicate in-depth scientific information effectively in oral and written form using appropriate terminology and charts/graphs; Collect and analyze data and present results in appropriate formats including chart, graph and oral/written form.

Will this count towards my BCPM GPA? Is this a course you would recommend taking?

Thank you in advance!
this sounds like it would count towards BCPM, and might be helpful if you don't have much research experience.

on a personal note, i would recommend changing your name and profile picture to conceal your identity. those, especially with a word-for-word course description that could identify your college, would make it very easy to identify you over the internet.

Reactions: 1 user
this sounds like it would count towards BCPM, and might be helpful if you don't have much research experience.

on a personal note, i would recommend changing your name and profile picture to conceal your identity. those, especially with a word-for-word course description that could identify your college, would make it very easy to identify you over the internet.
Thank you so much for both the advice on the course and the personal note. I didn’t think of the invasion of privacy. Thank you!!