Would you retake anatomy if you got a B+?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CmichStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive I'll end up with a B+ in my anatomy class this semester. It's chock full of information and I just couldn't grasp it all at once. I think a B+ is still a respectable grade for the class, but I would just like to see an A- or A. Is a B+ going to be detrimental to schools when they look at my application and would it be worthwhile to retake the class?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. a B+ is still really good. I had a B- in A&PI and a B+ in both A&PII, and ExPhys. All my other sciences were good (A, A-s) so I think that helped to buffer my GPA. But it's up to you. :)

Absolutely not. It'd be unnecessary money/time spent.

Unless you're applying to a school that requires an A in anatomy. a B+ is definitely legit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the others-- take the B+ and be proud of it! :)

A B+ is great! Stick with it!

I would say, congratulations in getting a B+ :)

No. you need to move on.

Thanks for the input. I think I'll just do what you guys suggest, take it and run!

I got all A's in Anatomy, Physiology and Cell Biology and Exercise Physiology -100% in Anatomy, 98% in Physiology and Cell Biology 1 and 2 and Ex Phys. I didn't get into any of the 3 schools I applied to (3.6 overall gpa also). I know people who had B's in Anatomy and Physiology and lower overall gpa's who got in, so I'd just take the B+ because it probably doesn't matter.

I ended the class with an A-...rocked the final lecture exam and lab practical and was able to pull into the 90's. I'm applying to be a teaching assistant for the lab portion also, it will come in handy when I apply for a graduate assistantship at my school as a PT student.

Here's hoping I get it!

I ended the class with an A-...rocked the final lecture exam and lab practical and was able to pull into the 90's. I'm applying to be a teaching assistant for the lab portion also, it will come in handy when I apply for a graduate assistantship at my school as a PT student.

Here's hoping I get it!

Awesome!!! That's what happened to me when I took Anatomy. I was so overjoyed I could hardly contain myself! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)