Would you retake anatomy if you got a B+?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CmichStudent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty positive I'll end up with a B+ in my anatomy class this semester. It's chock full of information and I just couldn't grasp it all at once. I think a B+ is still a respectable grade for the class, but I would just like to see an A- or A. Is a B+ going to be detrimental to schools when they look at my application and would it be worthwhile to retake the class?
 
I wouldn't. a B+ is still really good. I had a B- in A&PI and a B+ in both A&PII, and ExPhys. All my other sciences were good (A, A-s) so I think that helped to buffer my GPA. But it's up to you. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got all A's in Anatomy, Physiology and Cell Biology and Exercise Physiology -100% in Anatomy, 98% in Physiology and Cell Biology 1 and 2 and Ex Phys. I didn't get into any of the 3 schools I applied to (3.6 overall gpa also). I know people who had B's in Anatomy and Physiology and lower overall gpa's who got in, so I'd just take the B+ because it probably doesn't matter.
 
I ended the class with an A-...rocked the final lecture exam and lab practical and was able to pull into the 90's. I'm applying to be a teaching assistant for the lab portion also, it will come in handy when I apply for a graduate assistantship at my school as a PT student.

Here's hoping I get it!
 
I ended the class with an A-...rocked the final lecture exam and lab practical and was able to pull into the 90's. I'm applying to be a teaching assistant for the lab portion also, it will come in handy when I apply for a graduate assistantship at my school as a PT student.

Here's hoping I get it!

Awesome!!! That's what happened to me when I took Anatomy. I was so overjoyed I could hardly contain myself! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 🙂