Would you say the verbal has changed over time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammy1024

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm out of verbal materials and was thinking about redoing some old aamc's but was wondering if you think they've changed over time? You can tell that the science has changed over time because the types of questions change, but has verbal been pretty consistent?

Members don't see this ad.

I found verbal to be pretty consistent throughout the AAMC FLs. I thought verbal on my test was harder, but that probably due to test day nerves.

Passages on my real MCAT were much easier to comprehend + read. However, their questions were much harder..

So it would be okay to redo the passages? I did TPRH verbal today and the passages are like the mcat but not the questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if redoing verbal will be helpful. You might remember some things from the first time you read it.

Other sources for verbal are EK Verbal, TPRH Verbal, and Verbal SAs. Those are really the only good sources, in order of increasing usefulness, IMO.

I took the MCAT in 2005 and in 2014 and I didn't find it particularly different. One difference was that I have broader interests now so I was familiar with more of my passage topics which made it easier.

I studied with EK Verbal for strategy and TPRH workbook passages, as well as actual practice MCATS.

How did it go the second time?