1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Would you say the verbal has changed over time?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Sammy1024, 05.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Sammy1024

Sammy1024

I'm out of verbal materials and was thinking about redoing some old aamc's but was wondering if you think they've changed over time? You can tell that the science has changed over time because the types of questions change, but has verbal been pretty consistent?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Person0715

Person0715 Socially awkward 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I found verbal to be pretty consistent throughout the AAMC FLs. I thought verbal on my test was harder, but that probably due to test day nerves.

4. brood910

brood910 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Passages on my real MCAT were much easier to comprehend + read. However, their questions were much harder..

5. Sammy1024

Sammy1024

So it would be okay to redo the passages? I did TPRH verbal today and the passages are like the mcat but not the questions.

6. Person0715

I don't know if redoing verbal will be helpful. You might remember some things from the first time you read it.

7. Sammy1024

Sammy1024

Do you have any suggestions on what I should use then?

8. Person0715

Other sources for verbal are EK Verbal, TPRH Verbal, and Verbal SAs. Those are really the only good sources, in order of increasing usefulness, IMO.

9. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    How did it go the second time?

10. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    Wow congrats, overall score? (Y) Verbal guru!

About the ads