Would you transfer after one year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remaly1312

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you would transfer out after one year of the current dental school you are going to in order to get into a better school or your top choice. And when I say better, I mean what you percieve to be better.

I know its hard to transfer, but I know good grades helps, and an interest in the school help.

I was just wondering also, if anybody knows if someone ever transferred and how they went about it. Sure, I know a dental school will give you a degree no matter where you are, its just id rather be at my top choice the last 3 years and have to go to my second choice for the first.

Any advice, comments would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks and Gluck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Dental schools are not like undergrads that one can easily transfter between them. Although it has happened in the past, it was very very rare and under unusual circumstances. The issue is that not all dental schools have the same curriculum for their first year, so if (FOR EXAMPLE) Nova studnets take immunology during te first year and Harvard students take it the second year, one would not be able to to from Harvard to Nova. Also, a seat has to be available at the second school.