Would You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrumandDrummer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had some inside connection into a dental school would you use it or would you try to get in based on your own merit?

Members don't see this ad.

I know people have done it, especially if your parents are alumni!

Use all that you can to get in. An inside connection is not a sure way to get in, you have to have some proof of your ability to succede. However with applying as competitive as it is why not give yourself every advantage? I wish that I had that advantage somewhere! In the future if I find a student or member of my family that I believe in applying to Dental school I will use any push that I may have to help them out!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would use it, but I would have had to be decent in my grades and GPA to get in! So I don't know how much the inside connection woudl have helped.

But here's a question---If you had access to the registars office and computers, would you change your grades ...???
Or would you ever write a letter of rec for yourself and pass it off as your professors?

I would neither change my grades nor write a letter and pass it off as someone elses work. But I sorta see nothing wrong with a helping hand. I totally believe that success is sweeter when you do things on your own merit. But would it be wrong to ask for a favor?