Would You?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DrumandDrummer, Mar 17, 2002.

1. DrumandDrummer

DrumandDrummer Junior Member

If you had some inside connection into a dental school would you use it or would you try to get in based on your own merit?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member

I know people have done it, especially if your parents are alumni!

4. quantumhead

quantumhead Verrucas Vulgaris

Use all that you can to get in. An inside connection is not a sure way to get in, you have to have some proof of your ability to succede. However with applying as competitive as it is why not give yourself every advantage? I wish that I had that advantage somewhere! In the future if I find a student or member of my family that I believe in applying to Dental school I will use any push that I may have to help them out!

5. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

I would use it, but I would have had to be decent in my grades and GPA to get in! So I don't know how much the inside connection woudl have helped.

But here's a question---If you had access to the registars office and computers, would you change your grades ...???
    Or would you ever write a letter of rec for yourself and pass it off as your professors?

6. DrumandDrummer

DrumandDrummer Junior Member

I would neither change my grades nor write a letter and pass it off as someone elses work. But I sorta see nothing wrong with a helping hand. I totally believe that success is sweeter when you do things on your own merit. But would it be wrong to ask for a favor?