wound care physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreosandsake

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
was surprised when I did a search... not many posts on this.

When I was an intern, rotated with an internist for 2 days. He LOVED wound care...

I smelled enough ulcers during residency to know I didn't want to do this for a living... but wondering if anyone on this forum does this as a large part of their work. I have always heard it pays well. also, anyone using PRP for this?

Members don't see this ad.

I have dabbled in wound care over the years. Not something I want to do everyday. Here is an example of a PRP case that I did. Excellent results and within a few weeks. Poor lady had tried anything and everything including 100 hyperbaric chamber treatments
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0141.JPG

She needed a total of 2 treatments 2 weeks apart. The first picture is day 1 when I did some debridement and the second picture is 3 weeks later. Her wound has not returned and she is able to swim after a very long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is yet another example of why residency applicants should be looking for a programs that will give them the skills to be a doctor of the future. The ability to precisely place a needle into any structure of the anatomy is going to be a highly desired and lucrative skill.