WOW!! housing threads moved?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jumpup

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i am looking for a sublet or have an extra bedroom available then i will post them in WANTED/HOUSING forum; also, if i have a bunch of books i want to sell then i'll do the same. But most of the threads that were moved had valuable information to the prospective interns and moving residents about not just housing, but nite life, when to move, whether or not to buy a car, transportation options, nice eateries etc. Why is the administration of this Forum toying with our threads—moving and closing threads and then asking for donations—for what. Perhaps a forum which is run by non-doctors might be less controlling or malignant. Why don’t u leave your type A personality-controlling attitude in the OR or the floor please and leave these forums free. You don't see what the fuss is all about? Why people don’t post housing threads where they need to be-the WANTED/HOUSING forum? Give me a #@$5ing break--have u taken a look to see what kind of postings were initially in WANTED/HOUSING forum and how many people visit that forum. A friend of mine posted a thread in the Housing forum and had no replies for weeks but he posted one in the general residency forum received instant input. I thought the very idea of this Forum is to be a useful practical tool and not an avenue of comfort to those who don’t give a crap anyway. Explain to me why you are trying to maintain sanity and order by making it convenient to some while taking away valuable opportunities from others?—The hottest topic right now to prospective intern.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed, this forum gets more hits than say the housing forum...but not a good enough reason to convert this forum into a "temporary" housing forum.

jumpup said:
But most of the threads that were moved had valuable information to the prospective interns and moving residents about not just housing, but nite life, when to move, whether or not to buy a car, transportation options, nice eateries etc.

Allow me to point you in the direction of the DOCTOR'S LOUNGE...

http://forums.drslounge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

They have an EVERYONE FORUM...

For questions and posts that don't fit in the other forums. The general forum for serious questions and topics.

While I can appreciate this may have caused some distress to you, the forum had 26 of these threads to date which I moved and other threads of General Residency interest were being crowded out. The fact of the matter is that a thread regarding "housing in St. Louis" (for example) is only of interest to a very select few, hardly the vast majority of our users. Threads about more widespread issues of interest to residents should take precedence in the forum. This is not to say that only topics that appeal or are of interest to a large number of users are allowed. But rather when there is an appropriate forum for a certain thread, it should be posted there rather than in the General forum.

It has long been the policy of the forum Mods and Admins to move threads to their appropriate forum. Housing Information belongs in the Housing Forum whether it is for a room to rent or information about certain localities. Since "everyone" seems to know the threads have been moved to that forum I fail to see why it is so difficult to find them there. In fact, I have had several PMs from others requesting that the threads be consolidated or moved to the Housing Forum; their concerns are just as valid and in keeping with SDN policy.

I trust you and other users understand my reasoning and the policies. Should you continue to take issue with this matter or would like to discuss it further, please feel free to PM me. There is no need to be loud (as evidenced by your bold printed post), or to insult me. I am simply following policy and keeping the forum in a format I feel is most beneficial to the most users. On that note, I will not discuss this further in this forum and the threads will stay where they are.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

jumpup said:
Why don’t u leave your type A personality-controlling attitude in the OR or the floor please and leave these forums free.

Why don't you shut your pie hole and/or leave these boards if they are so bad? Whiner.