WoW!!! Science GPA According to AADSAS!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gabrielmeraz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As anybody compared their Transcripts' Science GPA Scores against the Ones that AADSAS has in their guidelines??? Have Mercy!! I went from a 3.76 Science GPA to a miserable 3.61; and this is only because my trig, pre-calc, and calculus classes saves my arrseee. My BCP dropped to 3.53!!! that's counting all my Bio Classes. wow!! incredible. I haven't check my overall GPA, but I feel it would go even lower since I tend to do better at science classes than the extracurricular ones. 😱
 
Yeah, I feel for you. I haven't filled out the official form yet, but I know that all my 3.5 B+ go to 3.33. So, mine's dropped to. Hopefully, I made my GPA spreadsheet right and it won't drop anymore when I fill it out. :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ScottW3 said:
Oh come on. I know its not what you had on the transcript, but still, that is a good GPA. Far from miserable.

Exactly! If you are miserable with those stats I must be suicidal with a 3.18 science. Luckily, I got into multiple schools so I can continue on in my menial existence. . .

🙄
 
gabrielmeraz said:
As anybody compared their Transcripts' Science GPA Scores against the Ones that AADSAS has in their guidelines??? Have Mercy!! I went from a 3.76 Science GPA to a miserable 3.61; and this is only because my trig, pre-calc, and calculus classes saves my arrseee. My BCP dropped to 3.53!!! that's counting all my Bio Classes. wow!! incredible. I haven't check my overall GPA, but I feel it would go even lower since I tend to do better at science classes than the extracurricular ones. 😱

I know what you mean, my overall transcript GPA was a 3.8 and aadsas went around telling schools I had like a 3.6 because their grade conversion chart made me enter all my 3.5's as B+'s (3.3's on their scale). 👎 yes, yes, this is still a good gpa and so on, but it's always exasperating to be brought down significantly from what you're used to having...
 
mochafreak said:
but I know that all my 3.5 B+ go to 3.33.

i never knew a B+ was a 3.5, so what is an A- in that system? I've always been in the B+ = 3.33 system and A- = 3.66 so i guess i'm prepared. so what is the value for schools that give A/B's, i'd assume they get the 3.5 gpa points.
 
There were no minus grades, which is probably why they gave 0.5 instead of 0.33. I really don't think it's right for AADSAS to not give the 0.5 for that grading system either. I'm in the under 3.0 club too, with 4 years of engineering grades screwing me and my science GPA over, so I tend to get a little upset when I think about it. 👎