1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

wow

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jasmineH, Oct 24, 2000.

1. jasmineH

jasmineH Member

I can't believe you can get into any of the dental schools with a 2.anything! That gives me hope. I personnally don't care where I go as long as I get a license to practice. I live in Stockton so UOP is definitely a choice for me. Does anyone know how many actually get accepted without completeing a bachelors degree? And what kind of volunteer work can you do for dental school, besides shadowing a dentist?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MJF

MJF

First of all, very few people get accepted with below a 3.0. Second, only about 3-5% of each class did not receive a degree. I am not trying to discourage you, just stay in school, get your degree, do well on the DAT, raise your GPA, and you will get in somewhere.

4. chocobo

chocobo Senior Member

People who get in without a degree are usually those who have excelled in college. So, if you don't have too high of a GPA, it really is better to get your degree.

If there are any dental related volunteering available (shadowing is not really volunteering), that would probably be the best because it's like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Dental schools, some in particular, like to see that you truly care about your community. So, it doesn't have to be dental related. I would recommend that you do something that you would enjoy and stick with it for a long time.