Wreb Exam( 12 points lost)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luc33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just finished the exam and i lost 12 points in the operative section. 3 points modification rejection, 5 points pulp exposure and 4 points late submission.
worst experience i ever had, my assistant was working against me:scared: .
anyone knows about this. what is my chances of passing.?
My endo and perio was very good i would say my score will be 90-100% in these two sections.
i tried to figure their numbers out but the more i look to it the more desperate i get.
please if you have an idea about people went through the same thing or how they would score my disastrous operative section.
my 2 cent advise; never ever take an assistant you don't know even if they tell you that they have all kind of experience with the exam. i lost 4 points late submission because of her which probably will determine my pass or fail results.

Members don't see this ad.

i just finished the exam and i lost 12 points in the operative section. 3 points modification rejection, 5 points pulp exposure and 4 points late submission.
My endo and perio was very good i would say my score will be 90-100% in these two sections.
i tried to figure their numbers out but the more i look to it the more desperate i get.
please if you have an idea about people went through the same thing or how they would score my disastrous operative section.
my 2 cent advise; never ever take an assistant you don't know even if they tell you that they have all kind of experience with the exam. i lost 4 points late submission because of her which probably will determine my pass or fail results.
This was your exam, and at the end of the day you're the one responsible for your own performance. Blaming someone else is a cheap way out. Good luck next time.

This was your exam, and at the end of the day you're the one responsible for your own performance. Blaming someone else is a cheap way out. Good luck next time.

thank you for the Non-sense comment BUT this is not what i was asking for. so please safe your advise to your self and if you have any good info please provide it without your psycho\therapy.

You expose the pulp on your board exam and are blaming your assistant? HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a similar experience my close friend had. I would say with 100% certainty that you failed the entire exam and will have to retake it. Missing that many points and having a pulp exposure basically puts you up sh**s creek if you know what I mean. You may have done well on endo and perio but you never can tell how you did since you are not a grader. Honestly, they grade pretty hard on endo so when you think you did well you get your scores back and are like what the hell. Anyway, you still have two more tries before you must take remedial classes so dont stress too much. Lots of people fail and usually pass the second time around. Use this as a learning experience and dont let it happen the next time you take the exam. What was so bad about your assistant? I cant see how she caused you to fail since she is not the one drilling. Did she get lost from the chair to the grading area? In that case you should have pimp slapped her and said later for you baby. Anyway, better luck next time.

thank you for the Non-sense comment BUT this is not what i was asking for. so please safe your advise to your self and if you have any good info please provide it without your psycho\therapy.
Sorry, guy. I was just trying to offer some constructive criticism--as someone who passed his licensing exam. Your assistant didn't exercise the poor judgment to request an inappropriate modification, s/he wasn't holding the handpiece when you pulped the tooth, and I'm skeptical whether you would have finished faster on your own.

I imagine the answer to your question is "not very good." Again, better luck next time. I hope you learn enough from the mistakes you made to improve on them for next time.

may be you might be a big good doc , but that is not the way to ans a person who is asking for something which he has not done well at...
common mr apis dont be so bad in replying dude...

may be you might be a big good doc , but that is not the way to ans a person who is asking for something which he has not done well at...
common mr apis dont be so bad in replying dude...

Mr apis usually replys like that so get use to it. I would call it a lack of home training. You can't ever be surprised by the B.S. he tries to push on you. You have been warned!:thumbup:

As an assistant at the UCLA board. First you should ask for references. Also if you need a good assistant next time please let me know. some thing you should look for in an assistant.

1. Appearence ( clean well groomed)
2. Take charge attitude ( paperwork, work schedule, and keeping you on time)
3. Try to meet your assistant or have several conversations on the phone prior to the exam.
4. With an assistant you are a team and you have to work togeher.
5. As other assistants about the persons you are working with.

I hope this helps you in you decision making next time.

PM me if you need anything.

Ops is worth 52 points- 12 points lost is roughly 76%

As long as you didn't lose 13 more points in other sections ( you have to get 75 points) you are golden!

Good luck in practice!

i really appreciate the responses. I acknowledge my huge mistakes. i already registered for the next one.
We all know how to do the work and we know exactly when we screw up. But the exam is more about management than about anything else.

Don't beat yourself up. Anyone with any dental knowledge knows that a pulp exposure is not a "mistake". Examiners know this too, hence only a 5 point deduction....from what I have heard, leaving decay and asking to place an indirect pulp cap is the best way to fail the exam...if they don't agree, they deem it "caries remaining", and you lose 26 points.

Anyone in this situation is much better off exposing the pulp and taking the 5 point deduction, rather than leaving decay (like the candidate guide tells you to do).

The WREB is a game...you have to know the rules and point deductions. Unless you are leaving something out of your story, no huge mistakes were made, and no huge points were lost....you probably passed!

hi, i am scared too as my exam is in may, usc. how did you loose points in modification rejection? any thing can happen with any body. no body will be perfect during exam.

hi, airforceone
for perio sudent guide from wreb is enough every thing comes from that. and for prostho i ambuying some material from some one. i don't know for how far it's good. if you need that then let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
i really appreciate the responses. I acknowledge my huge mistakes. i already registered for the next one.
We all know how to do the work and we know exactly when we screw up. But the exam is more about management than about anything else.

hey luc did u pass the boards finally?

:eek: who made you a super moderator Aphistis anyway, listen to your responses to someone who thinks they failed!! instead of constructive criticism you bring a person down, i cant wait for you to screw up and then some1 gives u a smart ass reply

:eek: who made you a super moderator Aphistis anyway, listen to your responses to someone who thinks they failed!! instead of constructive criticism you bring a person down, i cant wait for you to screw up and then some1 gives u a smart ass reply
I wasn't bring critical of someone who simply thought they failed the WREB. I was being critical of someone who thought they failed the WREB, and was trying to make it the assistant's fault instead of assuming the responsibility for their own performance. The difference is important--but unfortunately, it's also lost on many people. Is that person going to blame the assistants anytime something goes wrong in private practice?

I wasn't bring critical of someone who simply thought they failed the WREB. I was being critical of someone who thought they failed the WREB, and was trying to make it the assistant's fault instead of assuming the responsibility for their own performance. The difference is important--but unfortunately, it's also lost on many people. Is that person going to blame the assistants anytime something goes wrong in private practice?

For what it's worth, I've never seen so much blame being passed off as I have in these WREB threads. It's the WREB's fault that they failed. It's the WREB's fault that they can't find patients. It's the WREB's fault for costing $10,000 (even though it costs 1500-2000), it's the WREB's fault for exposing pulp, the WREB lies about their passing rates, etc.

Part of what the WREB really tests is the stuff you don't get a grade on--at least not directly: time management, patient selection, critical thinking, communication skills, learning to follow directions. That's the stuff that's really important and will make or break you on the exam.

That IS constructive criticixm. And, in fact, you just gave the same response that Aphistis did. You said "wait for you to screw up," which is what happened to the original poster. He screwed up. Not his assistant, not the WREB. Screwing up happens and it's okay. It's how you deal with it and learn from it that matters.

umm okay super modulator man and ur sidekick administrator boy, were you there at the exam to see what occurred? No u werent and neither was i , so why are you so quick to just assume it is a fair exam and all this nonsense you came out with, i took the exam at usc and at my orientation my cubicle's high speed motor was not working and it was brought to their attention but was it fixed the day of the exammm...no and even worse at the endo clinic my operatory had no mannekin head i wasted 10 minutes for these losers to find me a working operatory, and you dont think i reported all this in the comments section, i did pass after all the nonsense they put me through BUT do not be so quick to judge b/c the day off the exam strange things can happen moderator man:mad:

umm okay super modulator man and ur sidekick administrator boy, were you there at the exam to see what occurred? No u werent and neither was i , so why are you so quick to just assume it is a fair exam and all this nonsense you came out with, i took the exam at usc and at my orientation my cubicle's high speed motor was not working and it was brought to their attention but was it fixed the day of the exammm...no and even worse at the endo clinic my operatory had no mannekin head i wasted 10 minutes for these losers to find me a working operatory, and you dont think i reported all this in the comments section, i did pass after all the nonsense they put me through BUT do not be so quick to judge b/c the day off the exam strange things can happen moderator man:mad:
You have some serious anger issues, sir. You may not agree with my, Gavin's, or anyone else's opinion here, but we're expressing those opinions in a civil fashion. You need to cool your jets and do the same before you blow an artery.

P.S. Did you hear that, Gavin? You're my sidekick. ;)

This hostility scares me.:scared: Lets be civil for the children because they make it a better place for you and meeeeee. We are the world we are the children----We are the ones who make a brighter day so lets start giving----Theres a choice were making-----We're living out or lives----its true well make a better day----just you and meeeeeeee. :love:

relax dont get ur scrubs in a twist :) ok sir :rolleyes: its fine for you to make judgemental comments about people who have failed their wrebs and call them opinions and dont worry i wont blow an artery but i hope you dont blow ur :laugh: abutment!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.