WREB patient question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annie~

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a DO class II lesion on tooth #5 and it looks really good. I am unsure about using this patient because there is a periapical radiolucency around tooth #3. I read the rules and it only mentions that there shouldn't be a radiolucency around the tooth you are working on. I'm worried they will reject her because of this problem on tooth #3 but she is not in any pain.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a DO class II lesion on tooth #5 and it looks really good. I am unsure about using this patient because there is a periapical radiolucency around tooth #3. I read the rules and it only mentions that there shouldn't be a radiolucency around the tooth you are working on. I'm worried they will reject her because of this problem on tooth #3 but she is not in any pain.

Don't use her, look for other patients, the last thing you want is a .3 off you're ENTIRE EXTERNAL SCORE before you even start your test. Patient selection is 60 percent of the test. a good CALM, COOPERATIVE, AND DEPENDABLE patient with a small lesion just to qualify is what you're looking for. honestly the dentistry part is not all that hard. I went to USC and our criteria way WAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder than wrebs, I mean 1 mm interproximal and gingival separation, at schocol we're taught to go .25 max .5, make sure to stick to their criteria and read the manual over and over and over.stick to THEIR CRITERIA NOT WHAT YOU LEARNED IN SCHOOL.

few suggestions for your class two i would recommend a Garrison kit or a Triodent Kit, to get perfect contact. Garrison is amazing and they have a student kit for 144 if you call them up. For Garrison kit which I used and was amazing, pm me i know the rep and he'll hook u up.

gluck

Don't use her, look for other patients, the last thing you want is a .3 off you're ENTIRE EXTERNAL SCORE before you even start your test. Patient selection is 60 percent of the test. a good CALM, COOPERATIVE, AND DEPENDABLE patient with a small lesion just to qualify is what you're looking for. honestly the dentistry part is not all that hard. I went to USC and our criteria way WAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder than wrebs, I mean 1 mm interproximal and gingival separation, at schocol we're taught to go .25 max .5, make sure to stick to their criteria and read the manual over and over and over.stick to THEIR CRITERIA NOT WHAT YOU LEARNED IN SCHOOL.

few suggestions for your class two i would recommend a Garrison kit or a Triodent Kit, to get perfect contact. Garrison is amazing and they have a student kit for 144 if you call them up. For Garrison kit which I used and was amazing, pm me i know the rep and he'll hook u up.

gluck

Or use amalgam. Hard to screw that up.

Interesting question and I think it's very important to be cautious and have all your bases covered for this exam. The WREB examiners are not very lenient, but they are reasonable. If the lesion looks good, I would use it. The reason they don't want to see periapical involvement on the tooth you're working on is because doing a DO on a periapically involved tooth is misdiagnosis and improper treatment. As long as #5 has a proximal contact, occlusion, etc. it should be fine. #3 needs an endo or extraction, and under ideal conditions, this would be done before treating #5. But the WREB examiners already tested your knowledge of treatment plan sequencing with the PATP exam, and quite frankly, very little about the WREB exam is ideal. The only other type of situation I can imagine #5 being rejected despite having proximal contact, occlusion, etc. is if every other tooth in the mouth is non-restorable and the patient needs complete dentures. Again this is improper treatment.
Good luck to you. The WREB exam is very challenging and will push you to your limits, but be confident and take it one step at a time, you'll do great.

Interesting question and I think it's very important to be cautious and have all your bases covered for this exam. The WREB examiners are not very lenient, but they are reasonable. If the lesion looks good, I would use it. The reason they don't want to see periapical involvement on the tooth you're working on is because doing a DO on a periapically involved tooth is misdiagnosis and improper treatment. As long as #5 has a proximal contact, occlusion, etc. it should be fine. #3 needs an endo or extraction, and under ideal conditions, this would be done before treating #5. But the WREB examiners already tested your knowledge of treatment plan sequencing with the PATP exam, and quite frankly, very little about the WREB exam is ideal. The only other type of situation I can imagine #5 being rejected despite having proximal contact, occlusion, etc. is if every other tooth in the mouth is non-restorable and the patient needs complete dentures. Again this is improper treatment.
Good luck to you. The WREB exam is very challenging and will push you to your limits, but be confident and take it one step at a time, you'll do great.
hi, hope you could answer also my question...i have probable class 2 patient....tooth number 12 DO....with interproximal contact with 13 but tooth 11 is missing.....would my patient qualify....somewhat confused with one of the wreb requirements.....please reply...ty