Write your own rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

29DATyep

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How cool...i got this from the pre-med forum..... Write your own dental school rejection letter...i'll start it over here:

Dear Applicant:

I am pleased to inform you that we have rejected your application after great thought. We decided that you weren't enough of a nerd to make it here at our dental school. We understand that dentist should be friendly...but we want to try something new...dentist with no personalities...we think that will go over well with the public. We aplogize...you have done too much...research, work, classes, studying, mime, dance, volunteering, playing pool, spending time with your family...and basically what we are trying to say is..you are tooo well rounded....our ideal applicant...has his/her nose stuck in the books day in and day out...no need for human interaction this is why all of our lectures are now online.....good luck next. To improve your chances please stop all extracurricular activities except studying and classes.....then perhaps we will accept you.

Happily,

ADCOM!

Members don't see this ad.

:D it made me laugh.....:laugh: try it and see what you can come up with...u might even make urself crack a smile!!

Members don't see this ad :)
awww man...guess it didn't catch..i thought theirs was hilarious...mine isn't the best :-D but i'm sure others could come up with something funny. so what the hell if u dont want to do it but you do want some laughs go over to the premed forum and read theirs they are funny:laugh:

Dear Applicant:

You suck. We kept trying to find one reason to admit you but we couldn't think of anything.

Sorry,

ADCOM!

Dear Applicant,

What the fu@& were you thinking?

Regards,
ADCOM

Dear Applicant,

We appreciate your business, come again!

ADCOM :D

Dear Applicant,

We apologize but we cannot find a reason to accept you. You are not the son of an alumni, the cousin of an alumni, the bastard adoptive fourth nephew of an alumni or anything else. We hope you reapply next year and in the mean time find someone to marry who has a connection at our school. Good luck at the public schools.

Dear Applicant,

We appreciate your business, come again!

ADCOM :D

LOL. That's what I was going to say too...

Dear Applicant,

We are few dollars short of 1 Million$. Sorry for flying 4000 miles away from home for nothing - we felt we just have to invite you so we don't look like evil ADCOM. Did you like the peanuts on flight? But thank you for the fund raising suckers! Muahahaa

Sincerely AD COM,

PS: Since you already took Quantitative Reasoning, the product of 16,000 x 75 = 3.14 right?

Dear Applicant,

No.

Best regards,
God

Members don't see this ad :)
To Whom It May Concern:

I regret to infom you that after careful consideration of your application for __________(admissions office fill in as necessary) your application has been denied. While we are impressed with your many accomplishments and goals you are not a perfect match for this program. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

(Admissions Rep's name here)

SOMetimes you guys are jerks. Cut the guy (DAT29yet) some slack. He's trying to bring a little humor into the thread.

Dear Magna Cum Latte,

We regret to inform you that we cannot offer you an acceptance to our school. Although you were a competitive candidate, we found that the shirt and tie you wore to your interview clashed with our school's colors. Consequently we cannot accept you to our program. Please consult with a wardrobe coordinator if you choose to apply again next year.

Sincerely,
We Need Better Reasons To Reject Good Candidates

also...

Dear Applicant,

We apologize but we cannot find a reason to accept you. You are not the son of an alumni, the cousin of an alumni, the bastard adoptive fourth nephew of an alumni or anything else. We hope you reapply next year and in the mean time find someone to marry who has a connection at our school. Good luck at the public schools.

So I applied to this one school that four of my relatives graduated from. They have yet to send me an invitation to interview. Even more interesting is the fact that all the other interviews I received were from more academically demanding schools. So I don't think dental schools (at least not all dental schools) give a rat's tail about legacy. I'm actually wondering if it didn't hurt me. Maybe they got my application and were like "oh man, not another one!"

Dear Dsmack,

2 things:
You are a douchebag and we cashed your check.

Best Wishes,
ADCOM

(I haven't gotten one, but it was fun to write!)

Dear Applicant,

Please apply to just in Case Western for better success.

Yours in rejection,
School

Dear applicant,

After careful consideration we have chosen to accept that hot blond girl who interviewed the same day you did. Her clothes fit tighter and we believe that she would bring in more patients than yo' stanky hoe bag ******ed face.

Please do not apply here next year,
B. Hahn

(I swear I didn't do it Brian!!!!!)

Restraining Order

Plaintive: All Dental Schools

Defendant: Nate28

Court Order: Defendent Is Here By Ordered By The Supreame Court To Have No Contact With Any Dental School By Phone Or Mail, And May Not Come Within 1,000 Feet Of Any Dental School Building.

Message From Plantive To Defendant: Good Luck Applying Next Year.

Dear armorshell,

l0l pwnt j00 bl3at /\/3wb

good luck at ****** school!!!111one

Best of Luck,
@Sd0H

This was from an old thread, but I thought it was good enough to repost.:laugh:

I had a hunch this was a repeat thread.

Restraining Order

Plaitive: All Dental Schools

Defredent: Nate28

Court Order: Defendent Is Here By Ordered By The Supreame Court To Have No Contact With Any Dental School By Phone Or Mail, And May Not Come Within 1,000 Feet Of Any Dental School Building.

Message From Plantive To Defendant: Good Luck Applying Next Year.

This is tooo funny!!!!! Good one nate:laugh:

Dear SDN applicant

We regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for our incoming class. Your credentials are simply too good for us. Come on, with a 29/30/28on the DATs and a 3.99 GPA, you will only cause panic amongst future dental students. Their confidence and self esteem will take a deep hit, and will detract from their academic performance and psychological well-being.

Hope you do not take this too seriously and I know you will. But oh well

Brain R. Scaryname, DDS, JD, Phd.
Dean of Admissions.

Dear 92CamaroLS1,

Due to your substantially insuficiant GPA and DAT statistics showing your unnatrually low intelligence, we will format our letter in a way that will make it easiest for you to understand.

GPA too low...DAT too low...you reject

Love,
All Dental Schools

Dear Wishful Thinker,

I recently bought my wife a bouquet of flowers and a night at the movies with your $75 dollars. Thank you for your interest in our school, but there are better things to spend $75 dollars on.

Sincerely,

Nova, Marquette, and other schools who'll review your application only if the students we offered interviews to decide to not come.

PS, Please reapply early next year so that we'll actually look over your application.

Dear Amsie:

You suck. Thanks for the 75 bucks,we're gonna use it to pay for a tank of gas. Did we mention that you suck? Although we've decided to interview and accept people with DAT's&GPA's far lower than yours,we have a personal vendetta against making you a part of our incoming class. Have a great life!

(by the way,we will interview everyone else with a legacy BUT YOU)

- numero uno.

Dear Applicant,
We regret to inform you that your application has been denied...
Sincerely,
X Dental School.

---------------
3 days later
---------------

Dear Applicant,
Sincerely,
X Dental School

Dear Applicant,
Sincerely,
X Dental School.

---------------
3 days later
---------------

Dear Applicant,
Sincerely,
X Dental School

X = NOVA:idea:

Dear Looser,

Due to the recent and unexpected high volumes of exceptional applicants, and the limited number of spots offered, we regret to inform you that you’re not good enough for a degree in dentistry.

Please keep us in mind for our dental hygiene and dental lab technologist programs. We have included information regarding these exceptional degrees because we feel that you aren’t good enough to be a dentist. We wish you the best in your future endeavors in the dental profession.

Putting salt on your wounds, :eek:
ADCOM

Dear Mr./Ms. daydreamer/visionary/hopeful :idea: ,

What were you thinking? :laugh: I mean c’mon dude, you must have been kidding right? I suggest you change your major and your name.

We used your application fee to make the really cool brochures we give to our interviewees.

Sincerely,

ADCOM

P.S.

I heard real estate is a booming business.:thumbup:

We will send you another rejection letter in a week to remind you that you are a LOSER!:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I didn't get a rejection letter. Instead, the ADCOM just mailed me a scrub top with teddy bears on it and a brochure for hygiene school.

Dear Applicant,

You are just too damn ugly to attend our dental school. Addtitionally, HOTTY has informed us that you lied about your DAT scores. Good luck with your career at McDonalds.

Sincerely,

Every school

Dear Applicant,

You are just too damn ugly to attend our dental school. Addtitionally, HOTTY has informed us that you lied about your DAT scores. Good luck with your career at McDonalds.

Sincerely,

Every school

p.s. yes, i would like fries with that :p

Dear Applicant,

Sincerely,

Every school

by far the best one. :luck:

bumpity bump

Dear applicant,

Lest us put this in a way only our rejected applicants will understand.

We regret to inform you the unequivocal depiction of your overqualified statistics over qualify you for our program, thus giving us the opportunity to accept far less intelligent applicants. However, the reasoning behind our sadistic process is the result of far greater state and government funding. So we hope you will understand when we say peto abyssus

Please apply again next year.

(name of school here)

Dear Manyak222,

We were going to accept you, but after the $h*& you pulled at the interview, forget about it! Who the hell tries to make out with our interviewer after winking several times to her and even stripping after your attempts failed???? I liked the bowtie on the ^%$*& though, that was original ; )

Regards,

XXX dental

Dear Applicant,
We are pleased to announce the reception of many fine applicants for this year's incoming class. While we were extremely impressed with a number of applications, yours sucked. Your application sucks, your ECs suck, your LORs suck, and by the looks of your personal statement, it seems, as a human being, that you suck. Here is a partial refund from your application fee. Take it for gas money, find a cliff, and drive your car off of it ASAP.
Sincerely,
Your #1 Choice

Dear Applicant,

Aren't you the guy who gave my daughter chlamydia?

The answer's no.

And stay the hell away from my daughter.

Sincerely,
Adcom

True story:

One of the schools to which I applied sent me a rejection letter and said that they would consider my application only pending a retake on the DAT... my DAT score is higher than the average they accepted last year. Oh and my GPA is a 3.87. Whatever.

Dear applicant,
Excuse me???

Adcom

Dear Mcglock,

After keeping your application long enough for it to seem like we gave it serious consideration, we are writing to inform you that we are putting it on HOLD. At least until Thursday, at which time the garbage truck will come and dispose of it properly.

Sincerely,
Too good for you