Writing Intensive courses, which ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools 2008 version, some schools (i.e. Tufts, NYU, Creighton, UDM, etc.) require writing intensive coursess. I'm wondering what qualifies for writing intensive? I have Comp I and II along with a physical chemistry lab. My university doesn't state if the specific course is writing intensive or not.

Any comments?

Members don't see this ad.

wait, so like if i took an accelerated chemistry course etc i could have indicated that?

We have writing intensive courses at my school. Basically, its where the course requires 20 pages of writing assignments. Like papers and whatnot. The course that I am in right now is writing intensive (Cell Biology) and our professor assigns takehome essay exams, where we have to write 10 pages single-spaced and we have 2 of those throughout the semester.

that's actually an advantage, my school doesn't have those, but for molecular genetics we have to write 2 papers which are at least 25 pages long each