Writing paper need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DigitalFusion04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Trying to type up a paper here and can't really find any info on this, wondering if anyone can help me out

Why does smoking, use of HRT, Birth control, etc. increase the coagulability of the blood that leads to DVT's / PE's :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Well smoking increases your risk for DVT because people usually sit while they are smoking thus increasing venous stasis and resulting in increased clotting. Seriously, google the words "smoking coagulability" and you will find more than enough resources. Maybe you weren't spelling coagulability right?

everyone knows that venous stasis increases the risk, but i highly doubt that people sitting having a smoke for 5 minutes at a time is a good reason for why smoking is a risk factor. looking for the reason why enviromental factors like smoking or HRT increase the risk, how they react in the blood to cause the increased risk

Members don't see this ad :)
everyone knows that venous stasis increases the risk, but i highly doubt that people sitting having a smoke for 5 minutes at a time is a good reason for why smoking is a risk factor. looking for the reason why enviromental factors like smoking or HRT increase the risk, how they react in the blood to cause the increased risk

Have you heard of irony?;)

everyone knows that venous stasis increases the risk, but i highly doubt that people sitting having a smoke for 5 minutes at a time is a good reason for why smoking is a risk factor.

:idea: :laugh:

everyone knows that venous stasis increases the risk, but i highly doubt that people sitting having a smoke for 5 minutes at a time is a good reason for why smoking is a risk factor.

:idea: :laugh: