writing rejection letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyerzzzzz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the best way of writing a rejection letter to a med school? What's the best way to say that "i'm not interested in coming for an interview" or even once you get accepted.

I guess this our revenge for all of the times we've gotten rejection letters from them :)

Thanks,
Val

Members don't see this ad.

What's the best way of writing a rejection letter to a med school? What's the best way to say that "i'm not interested in coming for an interview" or even once you get accepted.

I guess this our revenge for all of the times we've gotten rejection letters from them :)

Thanks,
Val

I like the approach of mimicking their rejection letters.

"Dear Prospective School,

Thank you for your interest. However, due to the large numbers of qualified insititutions seeking to interview me, I will be unable to accept your offer. Best of luck as you progress through the interview process. I wish you success in your attempts to attract qualified applicants.

Sincerely"

Bonus points if you refer to yourself in the third person. :D

Thank you for your interest. However, due to the large numbers of qualified insititutions seeking to interview me, I will be unable to accept your offer. Best of luck as you progress through the interview process. I wish you success in your attempts to attract qualified applicants.

Sincerely"

i love it!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Sincerely"

i love it!:laugh:

I uses something like this last year.....

"I thank you for accepting me into your medical school's Class of 2010.

After careful deliberation, I must respectfully decline this acceptance offer. While I believe strongly in the mission of your medical school and recognize the amazing medical education that your university offers, I do not believe that attending Temple University would match my current medical educational goals.

I have been very impressed with your admissions process and I will continue to share my positive experience with other medical students. I would again like to thank you for all the time that was devoted to the consideration of my application.

Sincerely,"

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't write crazy "rejection" letters. Be polite. After all, you will become a professional and you never know who wants who when it comes time to apply for residency.

I wouldn't write crazy "rejection" letters. Be polite. After all, you will become a professional and you never know who wants who when it comes time to apply for residency.

Of course no one would write such an inappropriate letter. But...writing here is a stress reliever.

Sincerely"

Or, you could pull a Zahque and go with a simple:

"***** please."

:laugh:

Isn't it okay to just call and tell them?

Sincerely"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is AWESOME!!! I dare you to send that!:D :luck:

Haha, that was genius. Did you actually send that?