writing ''short'' notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darrylportelli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So , I like to write my own notes.... 'cos sometimes they just give us powerpoints that have only pics, and I like to search all over the net and compiling info from here and there until I get the whole picture and then write it down all laid out neatly so that before the exam I can give a quick look at my notes and I can literally fly through them and not having to search around

however sometimes when Im using a book to study a whole subject I end up copying from the book.... does it ever hppen to you??
I still find it useful since I remember much more in this way + I get practice drawing diagrams which they expect in exams.... but IT CONSUMES A LOT OF TIME!!!!

This method works for me cos the 1st semester I got 2A's 2 B+ and a B so I think this is the way of studying for me,
Do you find your selves doing this??? ( I just want some company- so I know Im not the only one stuck to a table for long periods of time !!:laugh:)

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your question is: "should I spend more time learning the material better and performing better on tests OR should i spend less time learning teh material less well and performing poorer on tests?"

Your work will pay off dividends in the end. Don't burn out, which is the risk you carry. Knowing things better now will mean you would continue to better. I promise. Work harder, learn more, be better.

Definitely do what works for you. But also keep in mind that your method may not suit every situation, and that you might need to adjust your method based on the content of the material and the amount of material you have to learn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely do what works for you. But also keep in mind that your method may not suit every situation, and that you might need to adjust your method based on the content of the material and the amount of material you have to learn.
yes,i agree

This method works for me cos the 1st semester I got 2A's 2 B+ and a B so I think this is the way of studying for me,

I'd vote it's time for a change. Personally I think more B's than A's is reason enough, let alone the sheer amount of work you are doing to study.

There are a lot of threads on SDN about study strategies but Id recommend a focus on more high yield material and more passes through the material rather than hours copying info into your notes.

All of this said, if your happy with both your free time and your grades then staying the course would be a legitimate option!