Written board results are in: check ABPMR website!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Finally M3

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nice green PASS!!!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Examination Date Status
Part I 8/18/2008 Pass

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have suggestions on where to stay in Rochester close to ABPMR?

Part II is $1875...I mean seriously...WTF! Its like rape...Im definitely gonna have to write it off!!

That is a chunk of change. :scared:
can't even pay with credit card
Add in airfare + hotel + meals things get pricey quick
Probably be 4000 for me
Not to mention a Board review course on top of everything...:soexcited:

I think neurology eliminated their orals in the past few years if i am not mistaken - wish we could too

That is a chunk of change. :scared:
can't even pay with credit card
Add in airfare + hotel + meals things get pricey quick
Probably be 4000 for me
Not to mention a Board review course on top of everything...:soexcited:

I think neurology eliminated their orals in the past few years if i am not mistaken - wish we could too

Still can't pay with credit card?? The AAPM&R RPC has worked hard to change that recently and I was under the impression that we did.

Here's an excerpt from the latest Resident Newsletter:

"The response from ABPMR has been nothing short of positive. The RPC Board and AAP-RFC have been told that ABPMR is researching options for accepting credit cards and expect to have that option available by November 11, 2008, when the next cycle for Part I applications opens. Also, the open registration period for Part I has been extended: It will now run from November 11, 2008, through January 31, 2009, with no late fee assessed until February 2009."

click here for the entire article: http://www.aapmr.org/resident/newslttr/archive/064a.htm

Still can't pay with credit card?? The AAPM&R RPC has worked hard to change that recently and I was under the impression that we did.

Here's an excerpt from the latest Resident Newsletter:

"The response from ABPMR has been nothing short of positive. The RPC Board and AAP-RFC have been told that ABPMR is researching options for accepting credit cards and expect to have that option available by November 11, 2008, when the next cycle for Part I applications opens. Also, the open registration period for Part I has been extended: It will now run from November 11, 2008, through January 31, 2009, with no late fee assessed until February 2009."

click here for the entire article: http://www.aapmr.org/resident/newslttr/archive/064a.htm

That's for this year's PGY4s who will be taking the written boards next year. For us, it appears they are only accepting checks. I'm going to email them and I'll get back to you all if anything changes

Response from the ABPMR:

"The online application process for the Part II exam became available on September 15 and won't have the option for credit card payments.

The ABPMR is working with our website developer and the credit card processing company to develop the necessary changes to allow credit card processing for the Part I exam applications which open online on November 1. Because the necessary system requirements are not yet in place, it was necessary to proceed with the Part II online applications without the ability to accept credit cards for that exam. For future exam applications, we expect to have the credit card option available."

Part 1: $1375
Part 2: $1870
EMG boards (if applicable): $950
Subspecialty boards (if applicable): $1700

The opportunity to work with entitled, drug-seeking, work comp patients; and to fill out tons of paperwork: priceless. :laugh:

That's funny.

These days, to be competitive in private practice you need to take Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V...

My heads spinning just thinking of all the different CMEs that would be required for all these re-certs.

Any body hear about how we younger Physiatrists will now have to complete some practice quality improvement project for to be eligible for recertification?
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown: