Wrong City on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MooseAndMe99

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would just ignore it. The contact information is most important anyway. Don’t put an explanation in secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted back on Thursday, the first day the application opened for submission.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I sadly saw this after I submitted. Hopefully it is okay with the city name. So I shouldn’t need to notify all the schools about this error? My logic was worst case if they noticed a discrepancy, they can contact the clinic and clarify.

As long as it is close-ish (you didn't flip NY and Boston) , it shouldn't be any issue. If it comes up in an interview (unlikely), quickly apologize for the error and just clarify the true location.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 users
As long as it is close-ish (you didn't flip NY and Boston) , it shouldn't be any issue. If it comes up in an interview (unlikely), quickly apologize for the error and just clarify the true location.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Thank you! I guess I am just worrying unnecessarily. This entire process is just so just so nerve-racking.