W's in Post-Bacc: Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSherman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I’m planning on applying later this year for medicine. However, I’m in a pickle.

I’ve been trying to take some courses to raise my science GPA, which is very borderline (my cGPA is higher since I wasn't a science major in college). I’ve been taking one Bio course at an institution (PM for more detail) and I don’t know if I can salvage a good grade in the class.

The issue is this: I dropped an Immunology course from this institution last year. I did Immunology at another institution, but that W is still there.

I can take some other courses to substitute this potential W, but I don’t know if I should go ahead with it. My concern is mainly that the Ws will still damn me even if it doesn’t negatively impact my GPA.

What should I do? Should I try to eke out a decent grade in the class or get the W, substituting that class for other science courses?

If you want more details, I can give them via a PM. I really don’t want my science GPA to fall- something that is likely with this one class, but another W might sting, even if I do extra courses to compensate.

Thanks.

EDIT: The course that I'm thinking about dropping concerns old age biology, so its not really a pre-med class per say. I have already done immunology, genetics and pharmacology thus far. The substituted courses will be those sorts of courses as opposed to a more "out-there" sort of bio course.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.