W's in Post-Bacc: Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSherman

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I’m planning on applying later this year for medicine. However, I’m in a pickle.

I’ve been trying to take some courses to raise my science GPA, which is very borderline (my cGPA is higher since I wasn't a science major in college). I’ve been taking one Bio course at an institution (PM for more detail) and I don’t know if I can salvage a good grade in the class.

The issue is this: I dropped an Immunology course from this institution last year. I did Immunology at another institution, but that W is still there.

I can take some other courses to substitute this potential W, but I don’t know if I should go ahead with it. My concern is mainly that the Ws will still damn me even if it doesn’t negatively impact my GPA.

What should I do? Should I try to eke out a decent grade in the class or get the W, substituting that class for other science courses?

If you want more details, I can give them via a PM. I really don’t want my science GPA to fall- something that is likely with this one class, but another W might sting, even if I do extra courses to compensate.

Thanks.

EDIT: The course that I'm thinking about dropping concerns old age biology, so its not really a pre-med class per say. I have already done immunology, genetics and pharmacology thus far. The substituted courses will be those sorts of courses as opposed to a more "out-there" sort of bio course.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.