You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WSU c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by beepboopbop1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2nd time IS applicant 🫣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First time OOS!
First time OOS!
First time OOS as well!
IS interview offer this morning!! 🥳
Congratss!! Did they send you an email or is there a portal im not aware of!??!IS interview offer this morning!! 🥳
lindseyf23
Full Member
Do they send OOS after in state?
Thank you, it was via e-mail! WSU doesn’t have a portal.Congratss!! Did they send you an email or is there a portal im not aware of!??!
Thank you! I'm OOS from CA and wasn't sure about that.If I understood their application process correctly, the only OOS people that get offered interviews are Montana Idaho and Utah, and that’s from November-January. I don’t think other OOS applicants get interviews, just a decision in December
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone going to the applicant mixer on Thursday night (1/19)?
I probably will be going!Anyone going to the applicant mixer on Thursday night (1/19)?
First time OOS and I was just accepted last night!
MayaFaye
Full Member
First time OOS and I was just accepted last night!
OMG CONGRATS!!!
Do you mind sharing your stats and when did you submit?
I thought they wouldn’t send acceptances out until the end of December. Now I’m stressing out lol
Thank you! I submitted my application in late august. Honestly their website didn't mention what point in December that they would start sending acceptances, at most they said they were starting in December and they weren't kidding lol.OMG CONGRATS!!!
Do you mind sharing your stats and when did you submit?
I thought they wouldn’t send acceptances out until the end of December. Now I’m stressing out lol
Overall I have a 4.0 GPA and I did not take the GRE.
Very exciting!!! Im curious.. what state are you from?? I applied from Oregon, also first timeFirst time OOS and I was just accepted last night!
congrats!! Did they call or email?First time OOS and I was just accepted last night!
Anyone else heard anything? Do they normally spread them out? Or is the assumption that all invites got sent out? (I'm OOS from CA)
In last year’s thread, acceptances, waitlists and rejections appeared to come out all in the same day…. so the hopeful part of me is telling me all acceptances haven’t gone out because we haven’t heard of any rejections
But then the other part of me is saying that there was only one OOS acceptance in SDN last year so it’s entirely possible all acceptances did go out and we only heard of one
I think with so little OOS seats we’re better off assuming we’ve been rejected😞
But then the other part of me is saying that there was only one OOS acceptance in SDN last year so it’s entirely possible all acceptances did go out and we only heard of one
I think with so little OOS seats we’re better off assuming we’ve been rejected😞
Oh that does help a ton! Last year same thing happened. WICHE OOS applicants were accepted around Nov 30 and then regular OOS around Dec 15th. So there’s still hope for us regular OOS applicants! Thank you and congrats on your acceptance!!I am also a first time OOS applicant and was accepted last night! I am from a WICHE state and applied under that so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?
Congrats!!! Wondering if they're doing WICHE sooner now.I am also a first time OOS applicant and was accepted last night! I am from a WICHE state and applied under that so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?
May I ask what your stats/experience is?I am also a first time OOS applicant and was accepted last night! I am from a WICHE state and applied under that so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?
They did last yearCongrats!!! Wondering if they're doing WICHE sooner now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because I am from a WICHE they wanted to call to tell me a few details about WICHE stuff if I do earn the scholarship. They also sent an email as wellcongrats!! Did they call or email?
Hi everyone! I applied as an OOS student (non-WICHE). So happy I found this thread! Keeping my fingers crossed for an OOS acceptance🙂 Does anyone know if they let you know about an acceptance or rejection over email? Or do they do rejections with physical letters?
Historically, they’ve done IS rejections via e-mail. I’m not sure about OOS though!Hi everyone! I applied as an OOS student (non-WICHE). So happy I found this thread! Keeping my fingers crossed for an OOS acceptance🙂 Does anyone know if they let you know about an acceptance or rejection over email? Or do they do rejections with physical letters?
It's been a few years now, but I was called by the director of admissions with my acceptance. I also received an email and a physical letter about a month afterwards. I know of an IS student that was rejected and only received a "regret to inform you" letter in the mail. I'd assume OOS is similar?Hi everyone! I applied as an OOS student (non-WICHE). So happy I found this thread! Keeping my fingers crossed for an OOS acceptance🙂 Does anyone know if they let you know about an acceptance or rejection over email? Or do they do rejections with physical letters?
Non-WICHE students do tend to hear back later than other OOS'ers, so don't give up hope. Good luck!
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply - that helps!!It's been a few years now, but I was called by the director of admissions with my acceptance. I also received an email and a physical letter about a month afterwards. I know of an IS student that was rejected and only received a "regret to inform you" letter in the mail. I'd assume OOS is similar?
Non-WICHE students do tend to hear back later than other OOS'ers, so don't give up hope. Good luck!
Last year my rejection came as an email only, no physical letter.Hi everyone! I applied as an OOS student (non-WICHE). So happy I found this thread! Keeping my fingers crossed for an OOS acceptance🙂 Does anyone know if they let you know about an acceptance or rejection over email? Or do they do rejections with physical letters?
Anxiously waiting with you!!OOS and WICHE…still haven’t heard anything yet [emoji51]
iluvhorses
Full Member
OOS non-WICHE student here. I did not receive an acceptance, however I did receive an email from WSU that looks like this. When I clicked on the learn more tab it looked like the info is geared towards high school students applying to WSU, however I didn't request any information from WSU or even visit their website so I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone else receive this email- I could just be perceiving it too optimistically and they just sent it to everyone who applied there, but I figured I would put it on here and see!
Attachments
OOS non-WICHE student here. I did not receive an acceptance, however I did receive an email from WSU that looks like this. When I clicked on the learn more tab it looked like the info is geared towards high school students applying to WSU, however I didn't request any information from WSU or even visit their website so I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone else receive this email- I could just be perceiving it too optimistically and they just sent it to everyone who applied there, but I figured I would put it on here and see!
Same here, except I’m OOS wiche. I was also wondering if anyone else got that email lol
interesting. I did not receive any of the email like that. When did you receive the letter?Same here, except I’m OOS wiche. I was also wondering if anyone else got that email lol
OOS non-wiche. Didn't receive anythingSame here, except I’m OOS wiche. I was also wondering if anyone else got that email lol
I'm OOS non-wiche and also got that email! Got it on December 7th. Didnt really think much about it at first tbhOOS non-WICHE student here. I did not receive an acceptance, however I did receive an email from WSU that looks like this. When I clicked on the learn more tab it looked like the info is geared towards high school students applying to WSU, however I didn't request any information from WSU or even visit their website so I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone else receive this email- I could just be perceiving it too optimistically and they just sent it to everyone who applied there, but I figured I would put it on here and see!
interesting. I did not receive any of the email like that. When did you receive the letter?
I got it 12/7! Like what the previous person said, I don’t remember ever signing up for a newsletter from them
WSU undergrad alumni here, I believe this is just a marketing e-mail! I get them occasionally too and already have a degree from the them lol.OOS non-WICHE student here. I did not receive an acceptance, however I did receive an email from WSU that looks like this. When I clicked on the learn more tab it looked like the info is geared towards high school students applying to WSU, however I didn't request any information from WSU or even visit their website so I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone else receive this email- I could just be perceiving it too optimistically and they just sent it to everyone who applied there, but I figured I would put it on here and see!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if all decisions are coming out on the 15th? I haven't heard of an official release date, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something!Patiently waiting for December 15th [emoji51] hoping for good news and praying [emoji1317][emoji43][emoji94]
I at least have not heard that there is an official release date, but someone on the APVMA Facebook group said that they heard on 12/15 regarding their decision.Do you know if all decisions are coming out on the 15th? I haven't heard of an official release date, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something!