WSU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beepboopbop1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Haven't seen a WSU thread yet so I thought I'd make one. 2nd time OOS applicant. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
First time OOS applicant. 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS interview invite as well. Sent via email.

Also got an IS interview offer! 🥳

If I understood their application process correctly, the only OOS people that get offered interviews are Montana Idaho and Utah, and that’s from November-January. I don’t think other OOS applicants get interviews, just a decision in December
Thank you! I'm OOS from CA and wasn't sure about that.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WSU used to interview OOS as well but they stopped doing that during COVID. (Referring to non ID, MT, UT OOS that is.)

Reactions: 4 users
First time OOS and I was just accepted last night!

Reactions: 14 users
First time OOS and I was just accepted last night!

OMG CONGRATS!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats and when did you submit?

I thought they wouldn’t send acceptances out until the end of December. Now I’m stressing out lol

OMG CONGRATS!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats and when did you submit?

I thought they wouldn’t send acceptances out until the end of December. Now I’m stressing out lol
Thank you! I submitted my application in late august. Honestly their website didn't mention what point in December that they would start sending acceptances, at most they said they were starting in December and they weren't kidding lol.

Overall I have a 4.0 GPA and I did not take the GRE.

Anyone else heard anything? Do they normally spread them out? Or is the assumption that all invites got sent out? (I'm OOS from CA)

In last year’s thread, acceptances, waitlists and rejections appeared to come out all in the same day…. so the hopeful part of me is telling me all acceptances haven’t gone out because we haven’t heard of any rejections

But then the other part of me is saying that there was only one OOS acceptance in SDN last year so it’s entirely possible all acceptances did go out and we only heard of one

I think with so little OOS seats we’re better off assuming we’ve been rejected😞

• Care
I am also a first time OOS applicant and was accepted last night! I am from a WICHE state and applied under that so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?

Reactions: 8 users
I am also a first time OOS applicant and was accepted last night! I am from a WICHE state and applied under that so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?
Oh that does help a ton! Last year same thing happened. WICHE OOS applicants were accepted around Nov 30 and then regular OOS around Dec 15th. So there’s still hope for us regular OOS applicants! Thank you and congrats on your acceptance!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!!! Wondering if they're doing WICHE sooner now.

TYSM For that info!! I’ve been sick to my stomach all day thinking I hadn’t made it Thanks god I found this group

Last edited:
May I ask what your stats/experience is?

congrats!! Did they call or email?
Because I am from a WICHE they wanted to call to tell me a few details about WICHE stuff if I do earn the scholarship. They also sent an email as well

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I applied as an OOS student (non-WICHE). So happy I found this thread! Keeping my fingers crossed for an OOS acceptance:) Does anyone know if they let you know about an acceptance or rejection over email? Or do they do rejections with physical letters?

Hi everyone! I applied as an OOS student (non-WICHE). So happy I found this thread! Keeping my fingers crossed for an OOS acceptance:) Does anyone know if they let you know about an acceptance or rejection over email? Or do they do rejections with physical letters?
Historically, they’ve done IS rejections via e-mail. I’m not sure about OOS though!

It's been a few years now, but I was called by the director of admissions with my acceptance. I also received an email and a physical letter about a month afterwards. I know of an IS student that was rejected and only received a "regret to inform you" letter in the mail. I'd assume OOS is similar?

Non-WICHE students do tend to hear back later than other OOS'ers, so don't give up hope. Good luck!

It's been a few years now, but I was called by the director of admissions with my acceptance. I also received an email and a physical letter about a month afterwards. I know of an IS student that was rejected and only received a "regret to inform you" letter in the mail. I'd assume OOS is similar?

Non-WICHE students do tend to hear back later than other OOS'ers, so don't give up hope. Good luck!
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply - that helps!!

Last year my rejection came as an email only, no physical letter.

OOS and WICHE…still haven’t heard anything yet

OOS non-WICHE student here. I did not receive an acceptance, however I did receive an email from WSU that looks like this. When I clicked on the learn more tab it looked like the info is geared towards high school students applying to WSU, however I didn't request any information from WSU or even visit their website so I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone else receive this email- I could just be perceiving it too optimistically and they just sent it to everyone who applied there, but I figured I would put it on here and see!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 3.49.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 3.49.05 PM.png
    608.1 KB · Views: 139
OOS non-WICHE student here. I did not receive an acceptance, however I did receive an email from WSU that looks like this. When I clicked on the learn more tab it looked like the info is geared towards high school students applying to WSU, however I didn't request any information from WSU or even visit their website so I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone else receive this email- I could just be perceiving it too optimistically and they just sent it to everyone who applied there, but I figured I would put it on here and see!

Same here, except I’m OOS wiche. I was also wondering if anyone else got that email lol

Same here, except I’m OOS wiche. I was also wondering if anyone else got that email lol
interesting. I did not receive any of the email like that. When did you receive the letter?

I'm OOS non-wiche and also got that email! Got it on December 7th. Didnt really think much about it at first tbh

interesting. I did not receive any of the email like that. When did you receive the letter?

I got it 12/7! Like what the previous person said, I don’t remember ever signing up for a newsletter from them

WSU undergrad alumni here, I believe this is just a marketing e-mail! I get them occasionally too and already have a degree from the them lol.

Patiently waiting for December 15th hoping for good news and praying

Reactions: 3 users
Patiently waiting for December 15th hoping for good news and praying
Do you know if all decisions are coming out on the 15th? I haven't heard of an official release date, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something!

Last year's decision was sent on 15th (Wednesday). So I am just guessing the decision will be sent today or tomorrow :unsure:

Reactions: 4 users
Do you know if all decisions are coming out on the 15th? I haven't heard of an official release date, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something!
I at least have not heard that there is an official release date, but someone on the APVMA Facebook group said that they heard on 12/15 regarding their decision.

Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow🤞
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")