WSU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance to the WIMU Logan program! Just got a call

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean all OOS students might hear about decisions today?

Is the WIMU program just the name of WSU’s DVM program?

I don’t think so; I think is the regional program for Washington-Idaho-Montana-Utah that’s why W I M U. I remember seeing in the app they asked if you wanted to be considered for the 2x2 there as well, or just the 4y in WA.

A friend of mine got the call about being accepted into the WIMU program but isn't from that region and said she didn't want to do the first two years at Utah. Does anyone know what it means then? Is it just a general acceptance?

I don’t think so; I think is the regional program for people from Washington-Idaho-Montana-Utah that’s why W I M U.

Yeah exactly! But they still have some seats for non-residents of those states

Reactions: 1 user
A friend of mine got the call about being accepted into the WIMU program but isn't from that region and said she didn't want to do the first two years at Utah. Does anyone know what it means then? Is it just a general acceptance?

I wanna say if you decline a WIMU seat you go back in the regular pool for WA seats. Could be wrong tho.

Ugh would they let regular OOS know for the WA4y today? The anxiety is killing me

I wanna say if you decline a WIMU seat you go back in the regular pool for WA seats. Could be wrong tho.
Ah okay. It's just she 100% said she didn't want to be considered on the question they asked when applying.

Members don't see this ad :)

So then do all those people have to say yes or no before they start accepting the WA 4y people?

I’m freaking out because I just looked back at my VMCAS application and I didn’t answer when it asked which campus was my preference 😕

I’m freaking out because I just looked back at my VMCAS application and I didn’t answer when it asked which campus was my preference 😕
She definitely put no for the Utah option so we're trying to figure it out. 😅 We're not sure if it's a miscommunication and she got accepted to just Washington all four years or if they didn't consider the question

She definitely put no for the Utah option so we're trying to figure it out. We're not sure if it's a miscommunication and she got accepted to just Washington all four years or if they didn't consider the question

To clarify, in the phone call, it specifically said she would be attending the first two years at the Utah campus? I was under the impression that only in state students did the 2x2 program like that

I got a call at 1:41 with an acceptance but it was hard to hear so I don’t really know if she said WIMU or not, but I for sure put only to be considered for Washington campus, I guess I will have to wait for the email

To clarify, in the phone call, it specifically said she would be attending the first two years at the Utah campus? I was under the impression that only in state students did the 2x2 program like that
They said "WIMU program" but also only said Pullman. So I think the WIMU part may have been an accident/slip

When I received my phone call, I was told that I got accepted into the WIMU program on the Pullman campus. I am an OOS applicant, and I put down on my application that I did not want to attend any other WSU campuses. Trying to figure out what WIMU means if they told me I am on the Pullman campus…

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
They said "WIMU program" but also only said Pullman. So I think the WIMU part may have been an accident/slip
WIMU is the name of the program for all students. It can be for WSU only, USU/WSU, or MSU/WSU. It doesn't mean you have a Utah slot.

USU campus is 20ish IS and 10 OOS.

When I received my phone call, I was told that I got accepted into the WIMU program on the Pullman campus. I am an OOS applicant, and I put down on my application that I did not want to attend any other WSU campuses. Trying to figure out what WIMU means if they told me I am on the Pullman campus…

WIMU is just the name. You can be at the Pullman campus.

Reactions: 4 users
Are rejections being sent out in emails?

OOS rejection. Congraz to those that get accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
are the acceptance announced via phone calls and denial via email? I have not heard either.

are the acceptance announced via phone calls and denial via email? I have not heard either.
Me neither. But I’m assuming they called all acceptances and are now sending rejections in waves since there were so many OOS applicants

OOS alternate. Anyone know if WSU typically releases rank?

Reactions: 3 users
OOS non-WICHE Waitlist. With such a massive application pool I’m super excited just be waitlisted. 💕. Will be in Washington next month looking at real estate, regardless 😁

Reactions: 2 users
OOS waitlist! Thrilled to have even made it that far- anyone know how big their waitlist is?

This is what I found about the waitlist on last year's thread
To answer some questions- traditionally they do not reveal the number of people waitlisted or your rank. They dont reveal your rank because they are looking at a class profile so if say a person interested in say beef only medicine then they are likely to replace that person that declined with someone who has a similar profile to keep their composition of the class relatively balanced at least that's how it used to be when I applied. The waitlist usually doesnt move much from year to year but you can look at the admissions page under the class profiles and figure out the numbers from year to year. I would imagine the waitlist will probably move more this year without interviews.
Try not to get hung up on other accepted people's stats. Usually the number aspect for wsu only gets you so far score wise alot relies on your essays and lors which no one can really compare.
Good luck to everyone regardless of your status! It might be a long or short haul but you'll eventually end up right where you're supposed to be whether you know it or not.

OOS rejected

• Care
Anyone know if/where we can check our place on the waitlist?

Does anyone know the approximate percentage/statistics of those on the waitlist that get in? And would they find out closer to April 15?

anyone know if they do file reviews for rejections? I'm curious of their reasoning