WSU CVM 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not just grades and GRE scores that et you admitted guys, also your personal statement, you're breadth and amount of experience and your letters of recc all play a huge part as well :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone OOS heard anything yet? According to the thread from last year, they started updating the portal on December 3rd.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed WSU and they said that letters will be going out mid to late December for out-of-state and interviews in February...

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed WSU and they said that letters will be going out mid to late December for out-of-state and interviews in February...
Soooo nervous with all the rejections received I'm getting really scared

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about that!

I applied to WSU(OOS) and OSU(IS)- which i have an interview for, but I am feeling like I should have applied to more schools!

I applied to WSU(OOS) and OSU(IS)- which i have an interview for, but I am feeling like I should have applied to more schools!

I applied to a few, and thank god cause some already turned me down :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 4. One rejection, 3 left to hear from :(

Good luck you guys! We are all in this together! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else struggling to focus on finals...?:confused::wideyed:

Knowing they're going to look at those grades at an interview helps with motivation, I'll admit.

I believe so... But who knows they might update the portal too?

I believe so... But who knows they might update the portal too?

Yes, they send snail mail, but they also update the portal either at the same time or very quickly after you receive the letter (I've really stalked last year's threads...haha).

Yes, they send snail mail, but they also update the portal either at the same time or very quickly after you receive the letter (I've really stalked last year's threads...haha).
Last year my portal was update (didn't get email or notification of portal change, but portal is much different this year). I got the letter probably 10 days later. I'm OOS in CA

The portal automatically emails you upon any change or notification, at least that has been the case for me. So I don't think you should expect it to have changed unless you got an email. But if you want to load it a half dozen times a day, go for it :)

For IS folks they changed the portal to indicate interview offered, we got an email containing the update to the portal with the same message, and they dropped paper letters in the mail all at the same time.

The portal automatically emails you upon any change or notification, at least that has been the case for me. So I don't think you should expect it to have changed unless you got an email. But if you want to load it a half dozen times a day, go for it :)

For IS folks they changed the portal to indicate interview offered, we got an email containing the update to the portal with the same message, and they dropped paper letters in the mail all at the same time.
hard not to refresh it every 2 seconds ;)

Just got an email! INTERVIEW INVITE! I'm OOS :D

Reactions: 5 users
I got an interview!!! I am sooo excited! I'm OOS- Virginia

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't gotten anything yet, I'm OOS in so cal. Any other Cali peeps hear anything?

I haven't gotten anything yet, I'm OOS in so cal. Any other Cali peeps hear anything?
@Hollista do you know anything more about WSU breaking up notifications via location? I am trying to rummage through last year's thread to find out when they notified CO?

Checked last year's thread, and it looks like the invites weren't all sent out at once - people were posting that they got invitations on several different days. Panic over haha

Ok... Keeping fingers crossed. Gosh, I hate this stress and suffering

Got an interview invite today. I had checked "No" for the "are you interested in the Logan/Utah program?"on my supplemental. But my invite says "The Admissions Committee for the WIMU Regional Program in Veterinary Medicine has carefully evaluated your application and found it to be strong enough to warrant further review – a personal interview"

What does your guys interview email say? Can somebody pleas copy and paste it here?I'm confused because thought I opted out of being considered for WIMU... Thanks!

Last edited:
Got an interview invite today. I had checked "No" for the "are you interested in the Logan/Utah program?"on my supplemental. But my invite says "The Admissions Committee for the WIMU Regional Program in Veterinary Medicine has carefully evaluated your application and found it to be strong enough to warrant further review – a personal interview"

What does your guys interview email say? Can somebody pleas copy and paste it here?I'm confused because thought I opted out of being considered for WIMU... Thanks!
Mine is same, don't worry and I checked no as well for that!

If you think this process is full of suffering I'm not sure what to tell you about vet school itself.[/QUOTE
I didnt say it was. Was merely saying that we shouldn't attack each other :) I am not naive, I know vet school will be tough, but I am prepared for it and very much looking forward to it! Cheers! ;)

I don't think LIS attacked her. He just pointed out that calling it suffering is a little dramatic. Yes the process sucks. But is it suffering? Not really. You just have to be patient. Even rejection isn't really suffering

I don't think LIS attacked her. He just pointed out that calling it suffering is a little dramatic. Yes the process sucks. But is it suffering? Not really. You just have to be patient. Even rejection isn't really suffering

Truth. Rejection just gives you a chance to keep getting more experience, making contacts, saving money .....

It wasn't an attack. It was just my - admittedly blunt - way of saving "relax"... Waiting for results is hardly suffering. That's kinda insensitive to all the people in the world who are, yanno, actually suffering. It is stressful, though. I've been there. I get it. But if it's really taking up that much of someone's emotional energy, they should go find something to do to distract themselves.... it's just vet school. It's not life or death.

Hi!! I'm from So Cal as well, applied but haven't heard anything yet. I'm on tier 2....kinda worried. Have gotten a few rejections already

Ok... Keeping fingers crossed. Gosh, I hate this stress and suffering
I didn't interpret your comment as being "overdramatic", you're just clearly excited about the idea of going to vet school. I think it's more overdramatic to say you can't use the word "suffering" because there are people in this world REALLY suffering...like wtf kind of response is that? Just ignore the other people, everyone seems to think that putting one another down behind a computer screen will get them into vet school quicker or they think since they are vet students that they are morally superior and know everything. People here did this to me once too, don't sweat it :)

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't interpret your comment as being "overdramatic", you're just clearly excited about the idea of going to vet school. I think it's more overdramatic to say you can't use the word "suffering" because there are people in this world REALLY suffering...like wtf kind of response is that? Just ignore the other people, everyone seems to think that putting one another down behind a computer screen will get them into vet school quicker or they think since they are vet students that they are morally superior and know everything. People here did this to me once too, don't sweat it :)

I agree completely. Putting someone down doesn't do anything except make you more unhappy :) Exactly why I said none of us should criticize each other :)

I agree completely. Putting someone down doesn't do anything except make you more unhappy :) Exactly why I said none of us should criticize each other :)

LIS wasn't putting anyone down... seriously.

And saying you are "suffering" because you are waiting on your application notification IS overdramatic... I have been there 3 times, it isn't suffering. It is stressful, very stressful, but you aren't suffering. And if you really think you are suffering... go do something to take your mind off of it, like, I dunno, helping people who are ACTUALLY suffering...

Of course none of you will actually do this or understand how dramatic you are being....

Those of us telling you that you are not suffering have all been there before, we know what the process is like. It is stressful, we get it, we aren't putting anyone down... all of us here have been very helpful and supportive of applicants.. we put in time to respond to questions and read personal statements... we do care and have been there before. However, we will also tell you when to RELAX.... if you are at the point where you seriously think saying you are "suffering" is not overdramatic, then you are way too wired up and need to go find something else to do.

Reactions: 6 users