-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's WUSTL MSOT/OTD 2022
Started by alksaOT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
Hi! No updates yet - I heard potentially an admissions decision before Christmas though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope so! The waiting game is not funYes, I also heard that they will start notifying ppl starting mid-december so maybe next week?
Hi! I used this forum last year and wanted to come back since I'm now a grad student in the Wash U OT program! Hope you all hear back soon! 🙂
Hi!! How has your experience been so far?Hi! I used this forum last year and wanted to come back since I'm now a grad student in the Wash U OT program! Hope you all hear back soon! 🙂
It's been super cool! All the professors are actually like really nice, and its super collaborative here with students. A LOT of group work in all classes and projects. Not one exam this semester except one final in one of the classes! I also like STL everything is near by and easy to get to!Hi!! How has your experience been so far?
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
In the midst of finals - THIS is what I needed to hearIt's been super cool! All the professors are actually like really nice, and its super collaborative here with students. A LOT of group work in all classes and projects. Not one exam this semester except one final in one of the classes! I also like STL everything is near by and easy to get to!
Best of luck with finals and decisions with your apps!!! @ everyone that comes to this thread and gets accepted/decides to go to Wash U feel free to message me! 🙂In the midst of finals - THIS is what I needed to hear
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
Me too (and with a scholarship) !! Congrats all!
How much scholarship did they offer you?Me too (and with a scholarship) !! Congrats all!
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
They offered me a total of $26,250How much scholarship did they offer you?
Same!They offered me a total of $26,250
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MP-OT
New Member
I also got accepted and received scholarship. Im so excited!!!Same!
SCADSHUTTERBUG
New Member
Hi. Congrats to everyone! I got accepted as well 🙂 Where else has everyone applied? Is WashU your #1 choice or are you waiting for other answers? Also, where is everyone from? I'm in Kansas City. I've been invited for an interview with KU but they are not until the week of Jan 10th.
MP-OT
New Member
Congrats to you too! The only other place I applied is UW Madison where I went to undergrad. WashU is my #1 bc it is closer to my home in Memphis. I’ve visited St Louis and have friends who go to WashU so I am excited to accept my offer.Hi. Congrats to everyone! I got accepted as well 🙂 Where else has everyone applied? Is WashU your #1 choice or are you waiting for other answers? Also, where is everyone from? I'm in Kansas City. I've been invited for an interview with KU but they are not until the week of Jan 10th.
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
I also applied UW Madison, which has been tied for my top choice with Boston this whole time. I received more financial support from Boston, so I'm going to see how it all shakes out. I LOVE Wash U, i just also want to do what makes the most financial sense.Congrats to you too! The only other place I applied is UW Madison where I went to undergrad. WashU is my #1 bc it is closer to my home in Memphis. I’ve visited St Louis and have friends who go to WashU so I am excited to accept my offer.
MP-OT
New Member
i just got into UW today, but was not offered scholarship (not surprised). I loved my time at UW, but my experience with them has been that scholarships are really competitive and prioritized for in-state students. Regardless, you have 3 great schools to choose from!I also applied UW Madison, which has been tied for my top choice with Boston this whole time. I received more financial support from Boston, so I'm going to see how it all shakes out. I LOVE Wash U, i just also want to do what makes the most financial sense.
SCADSHUTTERBUG
New Member
I was under the impression that you pretty much had to pay the deposit and then were just out the money if you chose a different school. Do schools give extensions?Is anyone planning on asking for an extension? I'm still waiting on a couple of schools to notify me around the same time decisions are due
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
Congrats, first off! I'm still waiting to hear. From what I can tell, Wisco might be cheaper/the same as Boston and Wash U if I get admitted even though I got schoalrships to both. Thanks for the info! and congrats again 🙂i just got into UW today, but was not offered scholarship (not surprised). I loved my time at UW, but my experience with them has been that scholarships are really competitive and prioritized for in-state students. Regardless, you have 3 great schools to choose from!
xoxoOTgirl
Full Member
I did end up having to pay a deposit, but I was given a one-month extension when I asked and explained the financial implications behind the deposit (however, I was offered admission in October so it was much earlier in the acceptance game)!I was under the impression that you pretty much had to pay the deposit and then were just out the money if you chose a different school. Do schools give extensions?
Hello, just like my friend boopforsnoots I am also currently a 1st year OTD at WashU and have a GA position, if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! Reaching out to current students helped me make my decision when I was in y'alls shoes🙂
WHO ARE YOU FRIENDHello, just like my friend boopforsnoots I am also currently a 1st year OTD at WashU and have a GA position, if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! Reaching out to current students helped me make my decision when I was in y'alls shoes🙂
How much tuition does a GA position cover and how do we apply for one?Hello, just like my friend boopforsnoots I am also currently a 1st year OTD at WashU and have a GA position, if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! Reaching out to current students helped me make my decision when I was in y'alls shoes🙂
HAHAHAH I dmed you on group me 😉WHO ARE YOU FRIEND
Hi! So while I believe I can use my GA money to help with tuition I've personally been using it to cover living expenses, so it pays for my groceries, gas, etc and averages out to around $400 a month, and pays hourly. I did not apply for it, it was awarded in my admissions letter and I believe is awarded throughout the admissions process. I have no idea what they used to pick GAs, but I wish I could be more helpful!How much tuition does a GA position cover and how do we apply for one?
Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I didn't receive the GA position in my acceptance :/Hi! So while I believe I can use my GA money to help with tuition I've personally been using it to cover living expenses, so it pays for my groceries, gas, etc and averages out to around $400 a month, and pays hourly. I did not apply for it, it was awarded in my admissions letter and I believe is awarded throughout the admissions process. I have no idea what they used to pick GAs, but I wish I could be more helpful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey congrats on getting in regardless! There are lots of other part-time jobs that are manageable with the program so far, at least in the first semester before things start ramping up, if that's something that will help you with finances!Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I didn't receive the GA position in my acceptance :/
klm009
New Member
Hey! Congrats on the acceptances. When did you apply to UW Madison?i just got into UW today, but was not offered scholarship (not surprised). I loved my time at UW, but my experience with them has been that scholarships are really competitive and prioritized for in-state students. Regardless, you have 3 great schools to choose from!
MP-OT
New Member
I applied in late October. I was very surprised to hear back from them so soon. I went there for undergrad, so I’m suspecting thats why they looked at my application so early on.Hey! Congrats on the acceptances. When did you apply to UW Madison?
If anyone in this thread decided to go to WashU and you’re comfortable with answering a few questions, please let me know! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 624
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K