You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WVSOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im getting worried because last year they had made the decision by end of april and its the beginning of May. AACOMAS is opening soon for the new application cycle so I wonder why they're waiting to make the decision.
I would hazzard a guess that a notification of some kind would either be this evening after admissions would have met or tomorrow befor AACOMAS opens at noon. I would also guess the time span for a decision on your part will be rather short.
I just received a reply from annette about this year and next year's admissions stuff:I would hazzard a guess that a notification of some kind would either be this evening after admissions would have met or tomorrow befor AACOMAS opens at noon. I would also guess the time span for a decision on your part will be rather short.
"We have not had any activity in our accepted pool thus far. It is likely that movement will start this month. The Admissions Committee is in communication with our Dean concerning offering an automatic rollover into next year's incoming class. We anticipate a final decision next week."
Unfortunately, they are waiting til next week even though aacomas is open. Good luck everyone.
Congrats to everyone who got an auto-acceptance for next year.
Everyone keeps saying there tends to be movement around May 15, because that's when all the M.Ders need to have only one acceptance in hand...I wonder why the D.O schools don't have this kind of rule? At least then there'd be a smaller chance of the random last-minute acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told at Admission that the movement will start sometime at the beginning of June. It will go all the way till the end of July. I know couple of people that got a call about an opened seat on Orientation day and during the first week of classes. People drop out at the very last moment, so there is still a chance for us.

I wonder how many of us is out there, does anybody know???? Or has anybody from alternate list been offered a seat for this Fall???


I wonder how many of us is out there, does anybody know???? Or has anybody from alternate list been offered a seat for this Fall???
No, no one off of the alternate list has been offered a seat as of yet. I did talk to Annette today and she did say they had their first withdrawl today. She said they will review who, if anyone, will get the seat next week. Not always sure about their timelines...
She said there should be more movement that will start in these next 2 weeks. One withdrawl normally indicates a number of withdraws coming soon. Good luck everyone!
She said there should be more movement that will start in these next 2 weeks. One withdrawl normally indicates a number of withdraws coming soon. Good luck everyone!
Congrats you guys. Sorry it didn't work out yet for this fall- best of luck in maybe slipping in there closer to the start of classes. I'll be heading out to clinicals for third year in a few weeks after boards. Keep the professors on their toes when you get there!
kate
kate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was accepted here a few months, sent in the deposit and everything, then went to the Application Check status website today and after I logged in, it says... "Sorry, but we do not have an active application for you." This happening to anyone else? I am assuming theyre just having trouble with the website but hoping there isnt some problem with my application..
Anyone mind checking to see if this happening for you too?
Anyone mind checking to see if this happening for you too?
Where are you all planning on living this Fall? I was going to go to Lewisburg sometime in the next week to find a place - I heard there were some Quad-type apartments where you have your own bedroom/bathroom, and share a common space with 3 other people. Has anyone heard about those?
hello, new at SDN, I am applying late in the game and was advised to ask on here if anyone would be willing to share what questions and or essays were required to fill out the secondary so I can go ahead and start filling them out. If anyone would be willing to share this information, I would be overly thankful. Please PM me the details if at all possible or just reply on here 

.
hello, new at SDN, I am applying late in the game and was advised to ask on here if anyone would be willing to share what questions and or essays were required to fill out the secondary so I can go ahead and start filling them out. If anyone would be willing to share this information, I would be overly thankful. Please PM me the details if at all possible or just reply on here![]()
Go to the 2012-2013 thread, brother!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 373
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 376
- Views
- 77K
