WVSOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just dropped off the Alternate list since I was pulled off a waitlist at another school, so I hope there is some movement or offers of deferred admission!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Same here, just dropped off the alternate list. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news guys? Did the dean make the decision about rollover yet?

I've not received a definite yet. Just the emails from Angie asking if I was interested in rollover.

i did the same. wish they already told us. I heard they do offer seats for everybody from alternate list, but admissions says it is on year to year basis.

im getting worried because last year they had made the decision by end of april and its the beginning of May. AACOMAS is opening soon for the new application cycle so I wonder why they're waiting to make the decision.

im getting worried because last year they had made the decision by end of april and its the beginning of May. AACOMAS is opening soon for the new application cycle so I wonder why they're waiting to make the decision.

I would hazzard a guess that a notification of some kind would either be this evening after admissions would have met or tomorrow befor AACOMAS opens at noon. I would also guess the time span for a decision on your part will be rather short.

I would hazzard a guess that a notification of some kind would either be this evening after admissions would have met or tomorrow befor AACOMAS opens at noon. I would also guess the time span for a decision on your part will be rather short.
I just received a reply from annette about this year and next year's admissions stuff:

"We have not had any activity in our accepted pool thus far. It is likely that movement will start this month. The Admissions Committee is in communication with our Dean concerning offering an automatic rollover into next year's incoming class. We anticipate a final decision next week."

Unfortunately, they are waiting til next week even though aacomas is open. Good luck everyone.

I got an email from angela about receiving automatic admission for next year. We are in!

I did, too!! Are we really guaranteed the seat?!? I am so excited! Can't contain myself!!!
Congrats to all of us!!!

Congrats to everyone who got an auto-acceptance for next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if there is still a chance for a seat this year? I am happy I don't have to go through application process again but am still hopeful for an admission this Fall :xf::xf::xf:

Everyone keeps saying there tends to be movement around May 15, because that's when all the M.Ders need to have only one acceptance in hand...I wonder why the D.O schools don't have this kind of rule? At least then there'd be a smaller chance of the random last-minute acceptance.

Congratulations to anyone here who is also a graduate this spring. May you overcome all obstacles in your paths (such as Alternate Lists)!

When does the movement normally start for the alternate listers at WVSOM? I know I am in in 2013, but I still really want to be in this year...

I was told at Admission that the movement will start sometime at the beginning of June. It will go all the way till the end of July. I know couple of people that got a call about an opened seat on Orientation day and during the first week of classes. People drop out at the very last moment, so there is still a chance for us.:xf::xf::xf:
I wonder how many of us is out there, does anybody know???? Or has anybody from alternate list been offered a seat for this Fall???

No, no one off of the alternate list has been offered a seat as of yet. I did talk to Annette today and she did say they had their first withdrawl today. She said they will review who, if anyone, will get the seat next week. Not always sure about their timelines...

She said there should be more movement that will start in these next 2 weeks. One withdrawl normally indicates a number of withdraws coming soon. Good luck everyone!

Congrats you guys. Sorry it didn't work out yet for this fall- best of luck in maybe slipping in there closer to the start of classes. I'll be heading out to clinicals for third year in a few weeks after boards. Keep the professors on their toes when you get there!

kate

Is the average accepted GPA that is listed on the website (3.3) an AACOMAS gpa or one prior to just repeat calculations?

Did any accepted applicants complete an SMP prior/during applying? If so, may you share all of your stats as well as where you completed your SMP?

Hey I started an SMP this year at VCU and was put on the alternate list/ accepted for 2013. I had a 3.3 in undergrad and got a 3.0 after the 1st year of the SMP. Are you decided on whether to do an SMP?

I just got off the phone with admissions and was accepted off the alternate list for 2012! Maybe some more will receive phone calls. Good luck!

Awesome! I was hoping you would. Hopefully I will join you this year.

Chris

Awesome! I was hoping you would. Hopefully I will join you this year.

Chris

So I was accepted here a few months, sent in the deposit and everything, then went to the Application Check status website today and after I logged in, it says... "Sorry, but we do not have an active application for you." This happening to anyone else? I am assuming theyre just having trouble with the website but hoping there isnt some problem with my application..

Anyone mind checking to see if this happening for you too?

I had the same issue and I'm on the alternate list. Just got off the phone with Annette and she seems to think it's IT getting the website ready for next cycle but she wasn't really sure. She also said not to worry about it.

Where are you all planning on living this Fall? I was going to go to Lewisburg sometime in the next week to find a place - I heard there were some Quad-type apartments where you have your own bedroom/bathroom, and share a common space with 3 other people. Has anyone heard about those?

Yeah I've heard about the quads. They look nice but don't really interest me. I'm going to look at several places this weekend. I really hope to find something.

One of my friends from undergrad was pulled off the alternate list yesterday. However, she has already committed to WVU which means there is a seat needing filled. Good luck!

hello, new at SDN, I am applying late in the game and was advised to ask on here if anyone would be willing to share what questions and or essays were required to fill out the secondary so I can go ahead and start filling them out. If anyone would be willing to share this information, I would be overly thankful. Please PM me the details if at all possible or just reply on here :xf:

hello, new at SDN, I am applying late in the game and was advised to ask on here if anyone would be willing to share what questions and or essays were required to fill out the secondary so I can go ahead and start filling them out. If anyone would be willing to share this information, I would be overly thankful. Please PM me the details if at all possible or just reply on here :xf:

Go to the 2012-2013 thread, brother!