WVU and pharmD gave me a good idea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aznfarmerboi

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to do some market research here. Who here (ladies and gents), would pay a low cash price for a one stop clinic that only does mammogram and DREs only? No appointment is needed, charge is 30 dollars (almost like a flu shot), and get your results back in 2-3 days. Most insurance accepted. It will be the new retail.
 
And who's going to read the mammogram? After paying a radiologist to read it..you'll owe money.. if you're only charging $30.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to do some market research here. Who here (ladies and gents), would pay a low cash price for a one stop clinic that only does mammogram and DREs only? No appointment is needed, charge is 30 dollars (almost like a flu shot), and get your results back in 2-3 days. Most insurance accepted. It will be the new retail.
Gross, gross. I could never do that in a public setting. Every person in that line would be standing there for the same reason: to be medically humiliated. That's just too much of a bad thing in one set-up.
 
Pharmacists doing mammograms...brilliant...

who says a pharmacist has anything to do with it. . ., it is a business idea. I was thinking of hiring a radiologist to do it. If 30 isnt profitable, how about 75-100? Anything below current costs of 100-150. Open a bunch of them, the main idea is to get people to in and out through the door without waiting. This is through efficient running, with radiology techs, and one radiologist per site (depending on state laws), there can be a good profit. With good marketing, do you think it will work?

PharmD, you bring up a good point. With good marketing, it can be a health thing. We can make the place friendly at the same time.

Math is 75 dollars times 6 patients in an hour. . ., that is 450 an hour per radiologist. In a day for a non busy clinic, that can bring in a daily revenue of 4000. Of the 4000, a quarter to one half can go toward their salaries. If I open up one in NYC (where I live), or open a couple in Long Island (where breast cancer has a high incident), I figure I can bring in enough business for 2-3 radiologist maybe? The radiologist will be salaried.

PS. all of this are ideas of businesses that I might want to run in my spare time. (It sucks because I cant hang out with my friends since they are working 5 days a week, and busy with other things).
 
I don't understand why a radiologist would want you in the equation...he likely doesn't need a place to hang his hat....and a guy to share his salary with....you'll have to come up with a really really good way to convince these professionals they need to practice at your clinic.
 
I want to do some market research here. Who here (ladies and gents), would pay a low cash price for a one stop clinic that only does mammogram and DREs only? No appointment is needed, charge is 30 dollars (almost like a flu shot), and get your results back in 2-3 days. Most insurance accepted. It will be the new retail.

Please tell me mammograms aren't your plan to see some boobs. That may be the single most unflattering thing one can do to boobs.
 
Forget Mammogram!

I'll do a free screening for lumps at the ASHP. I'll set up a booth.

Stop by. Bring your friends too.

I'm all about service!
 
Forget Mammogram!

I'll do a free screening for lumps at the ASHP. I'll set up a booth.

Stop by. Bring your friends too.

I'm all about service!

Don't forget the "other" screening tests - testicular cancer is on the rise!

You are the walking, talking epitome of the complete clinically minded pharmacist. I'll bet you could talk about the pros & cons of Vit C from rose hips vs Ester-C all while doing you're "screenings" in your ASHP booth....right next to the Inspire Pharmaceutical booth promoting AzaSite - azithromycin for conjunctivitis!:laugh::laugh::laugh: You could trade pens!:hardy:

Who sez pharmacy is just about counting pills????😛
 
Don't forget the "other" screening tests - testicular cancer is on the rise!

You are the walking, talking epitome of the complete clinically minded pharmacist. I'll bet you could talk about the pros & cons of Vit C from rose hips vs Ester-C all while doing you're "screenings" in your ASHP booth....right next to the Inspire Pharmaceutical booth promoting AzaSite - azithromycin for conjunctivitis!:laugh::laugh::laugh: You could trade pens!:hardy:

Who sez pharmacy is just about counting pills????😛

I tell you what. We'll share the booth. I'll check for the breast lumps. You check for the testicular cancer. Caverject and WVU will be the first in line!!:meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad