WVU vs Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fremont101

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quinnipiac
Pro: Nicer area, newer facilities. Really like the location.
Cons: Newer school, not that many research opportunities, more expensive, don't know anything about the hospital that they do rotations at

WVU
Pro: More established, cheaper by 10k/yr
Cons: Isolated location, not sure how well I would fit in

My goal is to match back into CA for residency, and based on QPAC first match list, they matched more people into CA. But because it's a newer school I only have their first year's match list to go off of. Any advice would be amazing!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at both schools last year and honestly loved them both. I just had a better "vibe" at WVU and felt more comfortable there, but I easily would have been happy at either location.

Yes, WVU is a bit isolated, but consider youre in a college town and not completely alone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WVU matches a lot of students at their home programs, which they seem to have one for almost every specialty. That is a huge plus. Not sure about Netter in that regard.

WVU matches a lot of students at their home programs, which they seem to have one for almost every specialty. That is a huge plus. Not sure about Netter in that regard.
WVU is definitely a chill school, all of the students were very laid back.