WVU vs Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fremont101

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quinnipiac
Pro: Nicer area, newer facilities. Really like the location.
Cons: Newer school, not that many research opportunities, more expensive, don't know anything about the hospital that they do rotations at

WVU
Pro: More established, cheaper by 10k/yr
Cons: Isolated location, not sure how well I would fit in

My goal is to match back into CA for residency, and based on QPAC first match list, they matched more people into CA. But because it's a newer school I only have their first year's match list to go off of. Any advice would be amazing!
 
I interviewed at both schools last year and honestly loved them both. I just had a better "vibe" at WVU and felt more comfortable there, but I easily would have been happy at either location.

Yes, WVU is a bit isolated, but consider youre in a college town and not completely alone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WVU matches a lot of students at their home programs, which they seem to have one for almost every specialty. That is a huge plus. Not sure about Netter in that regard.