WW The Dark Side

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unless someone else wants to take responsibility for killing BI, I have a suspicion that it was her. My thought was maybe she is a lone wolf or something. Still one of the reds on the abacus, but not in communication with the other wolf pack, and maybe with limited killing ability (or perhaps decided not to kill for most of the game, as lone wolves have done before). The writeup seemed to indicate that she's not working with the hooded man. So I could see there being the hooded man + convert + minions in one group, and then html on her own. Or, she's the orange on the abacus and we still have two other wolves. I don't know.

I did both resurrections. But my role description/results/writeups seem pretty clear in that while the loss of your original roles was a function of my ability, the curse was not.
I don't know why it indicates her when LIS knew who BI was and probably told the other wolves. I'm not sure how you're making that leap

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why it indicates her when LIS knew who BI was and probably told the other wolves. I'm not sure how you're making that leap
Because of the way the write up is written. The hooded man and MJ targeted BI but she was already dead.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I'm not understanding is why you automatically assume it is HTML that killed her...
I said I was suspicious, not assuming it was her. So I was explaining how I think things might add up if it was her. And it makes sense with her lying about her role. :shrug: I suppose it could be tp, if MJ is right about her now having an actual role in the game.
Well, we've already established several players (like MJ) were NOT reading the thread so no need to get snarky.
No snark intended, just pointing out that LIS most likely wasn't the only one who knew, sorry.

LIS had all this info, so I'm sharing

MJ - wolf role. now wolf/baddie puppet
Wildzoo - claims rez
tp - says she cant be killed, chaos?
HTML - role is shadow changer. If another players ability is turned off, she can reverse it. alignment not known but was targeted by wolves
Cyndia - dispatcher - creates items. No confirmation on alignment
DVM - no info

now wait just a tit. my ability is a one-time thing, i'm not going to just use it willy nilly.

the players that seem fishy right now are tp and dvmd because we know so little about them.
lynch me all you want, you're not helping team villager though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone drop a list of supposed roles? I'm going to be in class all day.

I'm leaning toward DVMD as a wolf or lone wolf. There's no way they'd have two "wolf" confusion roles.

Can someone drop a list of supposed roles? I'm going to be in class all day.

I'm leaning toward DVMD as a wolf or lone wolf. There's no way they'd have two "wolf" confusion roles.
Dyachei posted this earlier
LIS had all this info, so I'm sharing

MJ - wolf role. now wolf/baddie puppet
Wildzoo - claims rez
tp - says she cant be killed, chaos?
HTML - role is shadow changer. If another players ability is turned off, she can reverse it. alignment not known but was targeted by wolves
Cyndia - dispatcher - creates items. No confirmation on alignment
DVM - no info
And the info we have on DVM is what she posted way back when.

Btw my role name is shadow civilian. I'm not chaos I'm neutral

now wait just a tit. my ability is a one-time thing, i'm not going to just use it willy nilly.

the players that seem fishy right now are tp and dvmd because we know so little about them.
lynch me all you want, you're not helping team villager though.
But we have no evidence that your ability would even need to exist in the game. It's what, Day 8? And no evidence of any ability that turns off roles? That plus the discrepancy with your PM title...I'm just not buying it.

This was based on my thoughts and info. but I had talked to LIS about it so I shared here.
That's fine. I just figured I'd drop that in here especially since HTML is also claiming to be a shadow something

I'm sticking with my Cyndia lynch. That post of hers I quoted last night was way odd. It was like she knew LIS was a wolf the way it was worded. And we have no proof she is a villager only that she can make items which has been a wolf roll before.

Won't be at a computer, anyone able to make up a quick tally. Phone app is not letting me see who is lynched after an unlynch vote

I could also be on board for a Cyndia lynch, she's been suspicious to me all game. DVMD seems like a more sure bet though.

How do you figure that?

I can't be lynched so all your doing is wasting a lynch in which you could get a wolf. But whatever, go for it, you'll see when you lynch me I'm not lying.

I'm sticking with my Cyndia lynch. That post of hers I quoted last night was way odd. It was like she knew LIS was a wolf the way it was worded. And we have no proof she is a villager only that she can make items which has been a wolf roll before.

Sorry, I was super cracked out on energy drinks trying to beat jet lag and studying for a big anatomy exam I had today, probably why my posts made little sense. I've had a few drinks today (went for a few celebratory pints after I owned the anatomy exam, woohoo!) so apologies if this doesn't make sense but I'll try to explain. When I posted I was starting to think LIS wasn't a wolf because STL was taking so long to write it up, and based on how quickly votes suddenly cascaded against him (I thought maybe the wolves piled up on him last minute, and had either just won or were planning to pull out a win overnight because they may have had enough numbers if conversions had happened after my wolf count) - hence why I was so anxious to hear results and was hoping we had been right about him being a wolf. Also based on the fact that I thought he wasn't a wolf, I was then thinking people who voted for him were suspicious (aka why I said you and html were at the top of my list at that point - and why I said I was suspicious of html because she had voted for LIS and because of the conflicting pm title info, but was confused since mj insisted he had been forced to attack her).

Anyways, I still think both of you are at the top of my list, but since htmls role ability doesn't add up at all coupled with the conversation title not matching, ****lynch html*****

Last edited:
By the way - in regards to proving my alliance:

When gwen died STL said 'Dead is Gwen, the shadow investigator, the true full seer in the game, who would be able to obtain all of the information about a person, including alliance, role, role ability, and whether or not a person was converted.'

She said earlier she seered me and unscrambled it to read 'dispatcher makes toys'. Since she was a full seer, that should be pretty obvious indication that she cleared me, as well as BI (the tracker hunter), and conflag (villager no role).

Obviously this doesn't prove I'm not a convert, but should show that at the time she investigated me (I think night 4 since she listed her results in order of LIS (didn't unscramble the first one properly), BI, Conflag, Cyndia, and LIS again), I was clearly a villager.

By the way - in regards to proving my alliance:

When gwen died STL said 'Dead is Gwen, the shadow investigator, the true full seer in the game, who would be able to obtain all of the information about a person, including alliance, role, role ability, and whether or not a person was converted.'

She said earlier she seered me and unscrambled it to read 'dispatcher makes toys'. Since she was a full seer, that should be pretty obvious indication that she cleared me, as well as BI (the tracker hunter), and conflag (villager no role).

Obviously this doesn't prove I'm not a convert, but should show that at the time she investigated me (I think night 4 since she listed her results in order of LIS (didn't unscramble the first one properly), BI, Conflag, Cyndia, and LIS again), I was clearly a villager.
She didn't get alignment. So I don't buy that. Also I believe the anagram came out to dispatcher makes items. No one is saying you don't make items or that you're not the dispatcher.

lynch HTML

She didn't get alignment. So I don't buy that. Also I believe the anagram came out to dispatcher makes items. No one is saying you don't make items or that you're not the dispatcher.

lynch HTML

Since STL said in her death write up she did, I assumed that she did get alignment if it wasn't a villager - LIS's second one outright said wolf once he was converted.

Since STL said in her death write up she did, I assumed that she did get alignment if it wasn't a villager - LIS's second one outright said wolf once he was converted.
Or he might have been indicating that full seer = role name and role. Since the other seer, before conversion, got limited info.

Hey guys, what's going on?! Being dead sucks.
tumblr_m9irnxJV8T1qk259c.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Or he might have been indicating that full seer = role name and role. Since the other seer, before conversion, got limited info.

But in his writeup he verbatim said she was able to obtain all the info on a person, including alliance, role, role ability and whether or not a person was converted. Just that she hadn't figured out how to utilize the info yet, which she obviously did later once she figured out to unscramble it.

"Hmmm, so let me see.... What could this all mean? Lover loin? A cad? Clown? What could it all mean? Maybe if I..."

"Hello there Gwen." A hooded figure appeared behind the distracted Gwen. "I hope you are doing well on this wondrous evening. Did you need any help with your little puzzles?"

Gwen looks behind him and sees Mad Jack standing blankly next to the hooded man. "Oh, don't mind my little toy. He is just here for protection. Now, what have you found out? Please, humor me and tell me all that you know."

"I know nothing, none of this makes sense. I am just getting phrases that makes absolutely no sense."

"You poor, sad fool. You know everything. All of the information is in front of you. You are just too ignorant to utilize it. Now, hand over your notes and maybe I will spare you. Information of this caliber, could be... very useful to us."

Gwen glances quickly around. There is no way that he is going to give him the information. This is her information. She worked hard for it, and she will eventually make sense of it. She had it memorized... She grabbed the lighter off the table flicked it, and held the paper up. The paper starts burning, to the displeasure of the man in the hood.

The man in the hood shakes his head. "I didn't want it to come to this, but now I have no choice. Puppet, go finish off our ignorant friend." The hooded man begins to walk off.

Mad Jack's eyes fixate on Gwen. He reaches his behind her back and takes out a large pistol. Gwen dives behind his desk, trying to look for a weapon to defend herself. Before she can find one, Mad Jack has worked his way behind the desk and starts firing shot after shot after shot. Gwen collapses, completely dead to the world.

Dead is Gwen, the shadow investigator, the true full seer in the game, who would be able to obtain all of the information about a person, including alliance, role, role ability, and whether or not a person was converted. Too bad she never truly figured out how to utilize her information.

There are 11 players remaining in the game.
The Dark Forest
1. O Grady
2. MJ
3. Wildzoo
4. BI
The Light Cavern
1.tp
2. HTML
4. Cyndia
The Dark Wonderland
1. Dy
2. Devyn
3. LIS
4. DVM
The Light Shadow World
(imploded from a lack of balance between light and darkness)

The land between light and darkness (aka the area for the dead that are only MOSTLY dead)
1. Allieh
2. kaydubs
3. Conflagration
4. FFM
5. Gwen

Sorry, I was super cracked out on energy drinks trying to beat jet lag and studying for a big anatomy exam I had today, probably why my posts made little sense. I've had a few drinks today (went for a few celebratory pints after I owned the anatomy exam, woohoo!) so apologies if this doesn't make sense but I'll try to explain. When I posted I was starting to think LIS wasn't a wolf because STL was taking so long to write it up, and based on how quickly votes suddenly cascaded against him (I thought maybe the wolves piled up on him last minute, and had either just won or were planning to pull out a win overnight because they may have had enough numbers if conversions had happened after my wolf count) - hence why I was so anxious to hear results and was hoping we had been right about him being a wolf. Also based on the fact that I thought he wasn't a wolf, I was then thinking people who voted for him were suspicious (aka why I said you and html were at the top of my list at that point - and why I said I was suspicious of html because she had voted for LIS and because of the conflicting pm title info, but was confused since mj insisted he had been forced to attack her).

Anyways, I still think both of you are at the top of my list, but since htmls role ability doesn't add up at all coupled with the conversation title not matching, ****lynch html*****

Based on votes suddenly cascading on LIS... Seriously? I voted to break the tie because it was between him and gwen. Then YOU and BI voted afterward switching your votes to LIS. You think the wolves last minute piled up on him? Well, YOU were a last minute vote, so by your own words you were thinking that you are a wolf..

The second bolded also makes NO sense here is your post:

She's next on my list if I don't hear any defense. Although I'm still confused about MJ having attacked her.. And she did vote for LIS.. So really I have absolutely no idea. I wish I had followed the game more closely last week, I feel so confused right now. I'm pretty sure the wolves are probably laughing their heads off at how easily they've been steamrolling us. Really anxious for this writeup, I hope we were right about LIS!

You are talking about html above. You say you are suspicious but then say that you are confused about MJ attacking her and you say that she voted for LIS... to me that is you saying... well, I think she might be a wolf, but those 2 things don't make sense to you for her being a wolf. It was as if you KNEW LIS was a wolf prior to the results ever being posted.

My vote is staying on you for tomorrow too...

Nothing that you are saying is adding up. Nothing.

Based on votes suddenly cascading on LIS... Seriously? I voted to break the tie because it was between him and gwen. Then YOU and BI voted afterward switching your votes to LIS. You think the wolves last minute piled up on him? Well, YOU were a last minute vote, so by your own words you were thinking that you are a wolf..

You are talking about html above. You say you are suspicious but then say that you are confused about MJ attacking her and you say that she voted for LIS... to me that is you saying... well, I think she might be a wolf, but those 2 things don't make sense to you for her being a wolf. It was as if you KNEW LIS was a wolf prior to the results ever being posted.

WTF once told me to always lynch someone that isn't a mod and writes a wall of text like that :p

I should be lynched every game then lol. Should be at a computer in 10, quick write up tn
You can't lynch the savant who always has terrible theories that are completely off base but somehow end up picking the wolves out anyway. That guy's useful, you need to let him do his ramble-y thing. You're like a broken clock that's somehow right way more than twice a day.

Reactions: 1 users

Like I said, I wasn't making much sense yesterday because I was super tired and was in the middle of studying in lab. I was essentially thinking out loud - and to be fair, I posted my vote nearly at the same time as you did from my phone, so I didn't actually see your post until I refreshed a minute or two later, which was already past deadline, and so I immediately started to worry considering 2 other people had switched last minute.

Trying to lynch me is a colossal waste of time. Yes I haven't been playing my best since it's been a busy week, but I'm still a villager and someone you shouldn't be going after - because what I'm saying about gwen does make sense. She was the damn seer and she freaking investigated me, but you're still going after me, and she was cleared in her second death again, so you know her information was legit!

:p

That just looks like more than it is because of Cyndia's quotes in there, which are also big walls of text... ;)
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn suspicious of Cyndia. I also think you're a wolf, but no one is on board to put you in the ground so :shrug:

Why I think certain people are suspicious:
Cyndia is cyndia.
Everything dyachei does is too convenient.
DVMD is a wolf.
TP is neutral or maybe not.
Wildzoo would totally revive me to be her shadow puppet cause that's how she rolls.

Hey, the game before I actually knew what I was talking about. It was just last game that I just got lucky lol :p

Reactions: 1 user
Cyndia is cyndia.
DVMD is a wolf.
Wildzoo would totally revive me to be her shadow puppet cause that's how she rolls.
I'm the only villager that you can count on to continue being a villager. Since I can't be converted or acted upon at night. I do however, get to keep using my power. Which is to spy on conversations. Since LIS knew, I have no problem sharing that.

Cyndia is cyndia.
DVMD is a wolf.
So everyone but you is a wolf? I should totally design a game around that concept!